1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Intel Galileo for Punto Entertainment System! Is it Possible?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by pra.agar, Apr 27, 2015.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Recently I won a Intel Galileo. My initial thought was to sell it of, then I thought what if I use it to port it into my Punto as an Entertainment system, like Android Auto, with LED that has GPS and MAPS + Audio Control with USB and AUX in + Bluetooth for Calls support. Is this Idea feasible?

Any one has used it in any application or other board like Raspberry Pi 2 please share your experience.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I have no idea on INtel Galileo. But I have used a Raspberry Pi 2 for my entertainment center at home. I have installed OPENELEC on It. and have connected a USB soundcard to get digital signals(SPDif) to my Home Theatre. It is connected to my Modem. which gets it internet access as well as LAN. I control it using Andriod remote Apps.

Raspberry pi 2 can be inexpensive. but thinking in car entertainment perspective, You might need a touch screen display to interface it with rpi2 which may be tricky. as using a mini/wireless keyboard may be cumbersome. There is a video of rpi on car on Youtube, please check that.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    asimpleson and pra.agar like this.