1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Integrating bluetooth - Help needed with eletrical details!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by madhavnarayanan, Dec 10, 2011.

1. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Team,

I am desperate to integrate bluetooth to my 2011 Feb Punto. We all know that 2011 models come with Bosch HU and do not support AUX. I am using an FM transmitter connected to my phone/iPod. But I want wireless bluetooth connectivity.
    Here is what I have. AV890 Bluedio stereo device AV890.jpg and FM transmitter FM transmitter.jpg .

The bluetooth device needs 5V 0.7A. I have a wall charger, but I want this device to be charged from the car battery (cigarette lighter). This will make sure the device gets charged in the car and I dont have to get it back home every day to charge it.

I have tested this device and it works very well. My phone stream music to the speakers via FM and when a call comes in, I can answer the call via the bluetooth device (preferably mounted on the steering). Music continues after the call ends!

Need assistance from the electrical gurus to manage the charging part of the bluetooth device.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Get yourself a multiple socket adapter for the car power socket. Then you can connect multiple devices to the car power socket.
    Next find a proper car charger that suits your bluetooth device. Connect them all and you are good to go!
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
  4. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Roy, I went to the market today looking for the multi-pin adapter, but none of the pins fit the bluetooth device. The FM transmitter has a USB port. So I took an old USB data cable and soldered it to the wall charger cable, cutting off the wall charger part. Now the transmitter gets power from the cigarette lighter power socket and my Bluetooth device gets power from its USB port!

Thanks for the suggestion Italia, it looks a lil bulky but its a useful device!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

And I just bought the device from Ebay :)
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    What Italia suggested and I meant by multiple adapter are one and the same. I have two similar devices in my car and I use that to power a Nokia HF310, a Satechi Soundfly Aux, a DVR, MMI VX240 and a Samsung mobile charger. At any given point I have minimum 2 devices powered on.