1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Scenario:
    A sells the car to B. All documents expect insurance policy is transferred to B. The policy is still valid but has the previous owner's name in it.
    After this, some damage happens to the car. Can the damage be claimed under insurance?
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Ok so it is renewal time again for my July 2009 Punto MJD E-pack! IDV being quoted is between 4.65 - 4.75 lakhs (note - no NCB since one claim was filed last year). Anybody with a recent renewal quote - please share here so I can negotiate better. My existing company is Bajaj Allianz for the past two years.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Mine is 2009 too. I just checked with National Insurance Company, my existing insurance provider. They quote around 6k after deducting 20% NCB.
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^ That sounds very reasonable! What is the IDV you are getting?
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I dont have the exact figure. It's somewhere around 4.3L. Calculation based on 30% depreciation in the third year.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Just spoke to National Insurance here in Delhi. For an IDV of 4.48 lakhs, they are quoting a premium of 12k approx.

Spoke to Tata Insurance earlier and they mentioned that they have a cashless arrangement with National Insurance. If I take a policy from National Insurance directly, do I still get the cashless facility or not?
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    TATA Motors Insurance yesterday quoted me a premium of 8k without NCB if I go through them. I am not sure about the cashless facility, NIC being a govt run company.
    TMI has tie ups with NIC, Bajaj Allianz, ICICI Lombard, Future Generali etc... What they told me was, they have limitations in giving discounts on these partner policies. And we can get better deals if we approach these service providers directly.
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    since my insurance premium paying day is coming nearer, i was at dhingra motors last week for general checkup,during the visit i sat with the insurance fellow and hammered him with my cranky queries. mine is future Generalli and i was thinking of switching it over to some other service provider.as per him only national insurance and icici Lombard consider bumpers as plastic parts(which gives 75% of plastic parts value),apart from bumpers rest every part of the car is covered under 100%.even the head lamps and tail lamps too.

premium is bit higher in case of national insurance and in ICICI Lombard,but they give 75% for plastics parts i.e only bumpers,rest every part is under 100%.

where as other insurance provider gives only 50% for plastic parts and they consider the parts as actual s.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  9. from the next time will be getting the zero depriciation one done.
    it might cost a little more but definately worth.

my dad got that one done for his new car after my accident
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Guys, I am planning to change my insurance provider to one which provides zero depreciation for everything. I suppose currently only bajaj allianz and tata aig provide it. If anyone has taken such policy or knows about it please let me know which one is better and has more features. for an IDV of around 4.5 lakhs both are quoting premium in the range of 15500-16000.