1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

i should have asked him for the damage done..looks like i should go for the claim only..
  2. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Front wind shield was 6k (I paid 500 the rest from insurance)...coconut dropped from the tree near by and smashed the glass within 3 days of purchase :(....I sank when I saw my new babe..but u move on ! hope u get your
  3. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore

Ok got my car Insured from Bajaj today & Policy starts from 6th april

Premium: Rs. 16,988/-(No NCB from previous policy as claimed last year)
    IDV: Rs. 5,02,880/-
    Features: 100% claim on all parts(except consumables)
    Discount: 40% as against 30-35% from other Ins quoted..
  4. radusuma

radusuma

Hello Guys,

my Fiat Punto Active met an accident on 24th morning (hitted the neem tree). See the attached image. Its 8 months old car. no deaths, but one sitting in the co-drivers place has to go the backbone surgery and other female has to go oral surgery. Immidiately I approached Future Generali and registered a complaint. Then I approached Malik cars, Hyderabad. Then I appaoceed Crane service, finally damaged car reached the service station by 24th evening.I submitted the drivers licence (my cousin), RC copy, Insurance copy, Photo (accident spot), and registered a complaint. I think surveyors will come tomorrow and they will let me know the status.[attachment=0:1jy5d6zf]IMG_1732.JPG[/attachment:1jy5d6zf]

1. What is your opinion? How to apporach these Insurance people to get maximum benefit? Shall I buy new car by taking net amount after depreciation (15%)?
    2. Will they pay medical expenses for the two persons mentioned above?
    3. I am paying premium of Rs. 15437 per year.

thanks in advance

IMG_1732.JPG
  5. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Some strange thing i noticed now with my car insurance date and current insurance policy start date. My car was registered on 09.06.2010 but policy started from 12.06.2010. Is it possible?

6. It's possible. Your car is insured from 12/June onwards and your car was without insurance cover from 9th till 12th June which was a risky proposition incase you had any claims during that period.

But its strange that your RTO registered your car without the insurance cover.
  7. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    ^ Exactly that seems strange to me. TATA AIG website giving IDV of 1 Lac less if i select renewal date after registration date.
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bothers,

my insurance is due on coming 27 july...i have already taken claim once for my rear bumper and paint job...now am planning to claim once again for my front bumper which has got few scratches..

now question is...

1). Does premium shoots up if you do multiple claims in a year..??
    2).Is it advice able to switch over the service provider....???
    3).Should i not claim for second time for front bumper repaint..???

its insured by Future Generalli as of date....so sud i stick to it or make other claim and switch to other insurance company....

if yes,which is the other decent motor insurance company to opt for....
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    varoon 22ji: If the claim amount is miniscule (only for front bumper), don't file a claim. Premium will shoot up in case you have multiple claims. But if you are planning to switch insurance companies, the impact might not be too much since a new insurance company only wants to know this to carry forward your no-claim bonus. BTW, did you get your headlight replaced? It may make sense for you to file a claim now for both headlight and bumper and then switch your insurance company at renewal.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks

yes nitin 22ji that light has come back to place no claim done.....so lets plan not to go for minute claim like bumper repaint....thats what would be advice able.............
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011