1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    it is 2012 oct dynamic model
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    So not true my friend. Consumables are charged extra even if it is a zero dep claim. As you rightly said, zero dep add on cover is a must for new cars. The only thing that needs to be confirmed is the no of permissible claims allowed under this add on cover. Different Insurance co have different nos of permissible claims.
    KPR likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome back to TFI!
    Thanks for clarity.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2016 ---
    BTW @ghodlur How can I find out number of permissible claims in a year for my RS zero dep policy? I tried searching RS website but couldn't find any detail on this. Any information on this will be really helpful.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Generally Insurance co mention the same in the add on cover explanation/description. I checked RS website as well as my old policy when I had opted for zero dep from RS, could not find any mention on the no of permissible claims. Have attached Bharati Axa's zero dep cover description for reference purposes.
    Try writing to RS and get a confirmation of the no of claims allowable under zero dep cover.
    upload_2016-11-15_12-49-3.png
    PradeepM and KPR like this.
  5. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    @KPR have just renewed my insurance from RS yesterday. Mail from them says its unlimited claims with in policy period.
    KPR likes this.
  6. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello All, My Tjet's 3rd year policy is getting expired on 24/12. I have been with RS for 2 years now without any claims. Last year the IDV was 731,640 (Premium was INR 18735). This year the IDV that they have offered is INR 672,195 with a quote of INR 17500 (zero dep). Is the IDV calculation correct? It looks a tad higher to me.
    Quote wise, ERGO was at 15,250 for the same IDV but I don't see any takers for Ergo in this forum.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The IDV is a bit higher, ideal should be 6.6L. For this IDV, the premium might be less by say 200 to 3400 rs and not more. So you can stick to the IDV quoted by RS. The premium you have quoted I assume is with applicable 25% NCB. Does it have zero dep add on cover included? If all in included, then the price seems fair enough.

HDFC Ergo if listed as cashless tied up with FASS in chennai, you can try them too. Before you confirm, get the info from workshop about their claims settlement process.
    krish1484 and PradeepM like this.
  8. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Ghodlur. NCB was 25% last year and this year I am eligible for 35%. The zero dep cover is added to the quote of INR 17,500. BTW to arrive to 6.6L , did you apply 10% depreciation to the last year's IDV? Just trying to understand the funda here.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes I applied the standard calculation of 10% less of last year's IDV. The calculation of the IDV is mentioned in the policy document.

My mistake, it is indeed 35% and not 25% as I had mentioned. Thanks for the correction.
    krish1484 likes this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Future generali is quoting a figure of 16.2 K for an IDV of 6.5 lac for 3rd renewal for my supernova.
    Earlier IDV was 7.23 lac and premium was 17.5 k.
    There is no claim on my policy. Does the IDV and premium looks ok?