1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    My renewal is due next month. Can we know what is the percentage at which you have quotes from compared to 1st year premium.
    Based on yours we start working on including budgeting for premium.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This year's Zero Dep of RS, New India and FG are almost 70%, 80% & 90% respectively of last year's comprehensive. The dealer's insurance as I said in earlier post was comprehensive and exorbitant figure that is given direct by Fiat through FG it seems. What kind of insurance is yours - Zero Dep or Comprehensive?
    Further companies like Chola are giving further low quotes (zero dep as low as 50% of original FG - Comprehensive). But the fear of claims esp with Fiat and reputation is what holding me back from choosing chola. Meanwhile my dealer gave thumbs up for either FG or RS based on their service experience.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  3. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    I am married to Videocon liberty with comprehensive, and fiat dealers in bangalore does support cashless.
    Approximately 30k was the premium I had to pay as per breakup while purchasing. Was estimating how much I may have to this year.

4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You can buy a zero dep ranging from 15k to 19k depending on how great you bargain. 30k way too high for a comprehensive insuranceo_O. OTOH a comprehensive can be purchased 5k less than a zero dep (10k to 14k). This year get an insurance by yourself and not through dealers involving agent commissions.
    And I've seen a trend with almost all companies: They tend to give better discounts for new/switching customers rather than existing customers. Only the baby that cries get milk :banghead:. This insurance sector is totally unorganised and not so easy to crack similar to age old zamindar system of financial management.
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have a very positive experience with RS having had to use them once. So I can vouch for the same in Bangalore. Also very competitive pricing.
    KPR likes this.
  6. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Thanks a lot Raj, will be taking qoute from them before we conclude.
    Also @KPR, @Raj_pol & anybody else could you please detail differences between comprehensive and zero dep.

7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Zero dep means you need to pay for the processing fee (say 1.5k) and everything else except consumables of nut bolt etc are covered by insurance agency. In case of comprehensive they may bear 50% for plastics, rubber etc and you may even have to pay up to 50% of repair charges. You can go through various terms and conditions applicable in their websites. Zero dep will be shown in add on covers of insurance and is beneficial for new cars.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    RS is very good and personally had 2 claims,one was small and other was around 2 lacs but it was very pleasant experience with them also no hassels of claim.
    1st year it was zero dep with BA they were very rude,no cashless facility and surveyor was not ready to accept the damage and kept on denying the claim,later it was sorted by escalating to higher levels.
    With RS 1st time dog was hit in NH4 highway and got bumper damaged with broken front lower grill which was promptly claimed without any questions asked processing fee was 1k and 2nd time it was major I spent around 12k including service as all oil change,brake pad is not claimable.
    As of now I have renewed with them for 16k which includes zero dp,engine protection,full invoice claim add ons and idv stands at 4.6
    Raj_pol and KPR like this.
  9. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    @vista7155 how old your car is. Thank you for your input.

10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So I've finally taken an Insurance from RS for my second year with my RED (switching over from original comprehensive FG). This time I ensured that I 've a Zero Dep one based on good reviews about RS. The total costed me 16.5K after several negotiations.
    Raj_pol likes this.