1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Sunil Kumar

Sunil Kumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last year, I was with FG and this year with RS. Made a claim for 7,500/- while insurance with FG and 8,300/- with RS. FG took almost 2 weeks for claim settlement whereas RS only 2 days.

I heard only 2 claim per year can be made with FG whereas multiple claims can be done with RS. Please correct if I am wrong.

In case both side OVRM broken, 2 claim has to be raised for both side mirror.
    However, single claim in enough with RS for both side mirror. Am I true ?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You are right in saying that RS provided unlimited claims with its zero dep add on cover where as Future provides max of 2 claims. Do you decide your Insurance based on this feature?? I would not.

If you can prove that both the OVRM's broke due to a single incident, then it can be with a single claim or else two claims. Surveyor is going to verify this with the supporting results on the car.
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It all depends on how u can convince the surveyor. I had taken claim of left, front and back bumper at the same time. Your logic should be strong. This experience was with RS.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    RS is charging 1k less B2B insurance premium viz.v FG for my 90 HP. I have had good experience with FG and want to continue with FG. I have heard RS is equally good, specially in southern states. Can anyone confirm that they are good even in Maharashtra? AFAIK, both offer cashless claims. Need to decide soon as I need to renew the insurance policy by 1st April.

RS can handle unlimited claims whereas FG has only 2 claims per year (I feel 2 claims are more than required). Which is the better option between the 2?
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @turbo both are equally good.. I had a good experience with RS when i claimed 2 times in the year hassle free settlement. You can go with RS if it is costing u less.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I had Insurance for my Punto from RS in the 2nd year and had a good experience during one claim which I made with them. Smooth process, took a little extra time for verification but was OK with it. Did not have to pursue the Surveyor or the claims dept. They were pro active.

Unfortunately even if RS offers me 10K less than any Insurance co, I will not take it coz I have a phobia that if I take the Insurance from RS, I will make atleast one claim from it (and that too a major one, 40K upwards). Happened with 3 cars I had and every time I took insurance from RS, I met with an accident.:jawdrop::arghh::arghh:
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Haha you mean RS insurance is jinxed :D Or, beacuase it accepts unlimited claims, one tends to be more rash with his/her vehicle :p
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Does RS has tie up with Fiat dealers for Cashless transaction of insurance claims like FG? I've heard that only FG has such tie up with Fiat.
  9. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Not necessarily, at least in bangalore dealers have relationship with 8-10 insurance providers for cashless claims

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So the debate of RS vs FG is still on for renewing my insurance.
    The Insurance given as free by dealer is not worth at all:
    I was given a Comprehensive one against committed Zero Dep (which i realised only when I was handed over the copy of insurance). :banghead:
    Now that my 1st year renewal has come, I was browsing, obtaining quotes over emails through various companies and zeroed on
    (Insurance premium price in Rs in order of low to high for a Zero Dep add on)
    1. Royal Sundaram
    2. New India.
    3. Future Generali.

New India was my previous car swift's provider. Nothing really to bargain about being a PSU and the authority to give discount is restricted. No complaints on New India just that they have no cashless tie up with fiat dealers.
    Future Generali is Fiat's favourite with no hassles in cashless payments.
    Coming to Royal Sundaram as I'm new into their territory. Can I go with RS?

RS is cheaper than FG by atleast 3k is the driving factor here. (I'm also hard bargaining with FG for discount)