1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    BA offering 10K discount?? for what?? Also FG quote shows a lesser IDV, does the premium quotes is for the 4.36L IDV?? BA looks far more VFM buy than FG, but FG has the distinct advantage of cashless tie up nation wide. Ask FG to match BA quote, if possible then opt for FG.
  2. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    Dear members, I have a few basic questions to put forth. -
    1) Can I go for insurance companies other than FG though only FG has got cashless tie up with the FASS ? RS is also stating that they have cashless tie up with FASS in Guwahati whereas FASS people have denied it. Is it really impossible to avail cashless benefit ,if required, in case of other insurance companies ? All the companies seem to claim that cashless benefit available with all authorized service stations.
    2) Sales people in the Fiat dealer has said that cashless benefit can be availed only if the insurance is purchased through their (FG) representative not if purchased individually. This of course sounds ridiculous.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes, the IDV value is 4.36L but due to some permission they sent this, once I approve they can send a revised one. I've given my best and talked to FG but they are not ready to come down.

I'm more looking on the claims settled ratio and hassle free service among this two company. Anyone if they can share their experience?

4. Sunil Kumar

Sunil Kumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FASS is promoting to FG whereas RS is better than FG as I have personal experience. If RS is promising that they have cashless tie up with your selected FASS then you can go with RS even FASS is saying they don't have cashless tie up with RS.

Claim settlement process is very fast in RS compare to FG. RS is transferring claim amount to FASS through NEFT so no worries go ahead with whom is giving more discount.
    Utpal Saikia likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    As per my experience the claim settlement by FG is pretty good as well. They settled the claim of Rs 27500 in 3 days. Even the FASS is pro FG and told me that FG are the best at claim settlement.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Turbothinghy From my experience in Bangalore this is absolutely not true. FG frankly put sucks big time. RS is a hundred times better and I would suggest RS eyes closed. FYI...I have used both RS & FG.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had RS 2 years back. I did 2 claims and they were settled cashless. Good experience overall.
    Just did my cars 4th renewal with FG for Rs.13,308, 20% NCB, Zero Dep, IDV Rs.4.50 L
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Any reason to switch from RS to FG ?
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No particular reason. Got a better quote from FG.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I see. I used the FG claim just once and it was done in a jiffy.