1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

My view is bit different, we take insurance to use it when required. Not just pay minimum premium and plan not to use it. In this case, you can go for where you get minimum premium, reliance etc.

My suggestion is to take better policy, even if we pay 1-2K extra, it will be very useful if it is required to use it.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

+1 :up
  3. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Folks, I've 10 days left to renew my Ins as well. Can someone in Blr help to recommend an insurance? I would need cashless claim facilities..speaking with KHT Motors, they said TATA AIG doesn't qualify for cashless claim it seems, not sure if its true.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Cashless depends on if Service center has tie-up or not.
    I have Tata-AIG and it has cashless set-up with Concorde Motors.
  5. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Thanks Ravi...its getting messy...called KHT now and they said, its (cashless claim) available with all insurance company...Howz ur experience with TATA AIG? Can you share the numbers that you paid if that's fine with you ?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I haven't used the service yet, so can't comment, but general report is that Tata-AIG has good service.
    Amogh has put nice review, I completely agree with him on buying experience. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=402

The premium i payed is ~15K, remember i used insurance last year.
  7. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Thanks again mate..I've got the quote for 15.5 (IDV:48500)..eitherway, I'll leave KHT motors and stick to Concorde motors.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

You can talk directly to Mr Adit if you face any issue with KHT.

And insurance is independent of service center.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

this morning i had a very bad experience with my BLACK OGRE.one ass optra driver had dashed his shit optra in to my rear bumper.as i applied brakes softly because there was a honda accord in front on me,this ass optra driver could not managed to stop his bullock cart(optra)and banged in to my bumper.bumper has now gone inside from left middle as you can see in the pics as enclosed.i shouted at driver then his master chipped in asked me to get cool since one old indica had too dashed the rear bumper of the same bullock cart(optra)..uncle said"beta hamari gaddi to dono taraf se thuk gayi hai".that road was one way and single lane(before u get in to NH-8,vasant kunj flyover).then i was there arguing with the whole optra family all alone for 10 mins.then there was a huge clog of cars.. i moved on towards my office..

went to dhingra motors showed them the car:

new bumper
    both lamps on bumper(fog as well reverse lamp)
    paint job on bumper
    steel sheet has gone inside,dent (where spare wheel is placed inside the boot beneath that area)
    front new glass(i had a cracked front glass bcoz of kids playing in locality with tennis ball)

all are part of claim..

need advice i should go for insurance or not??

if yes how much i would be landing paying down after taking the claim??

glass would be 100%
    plastic bumper,paint job and lamps on bumper would be???

till date i have never claimed any claim car is around 8 months old

210320111440.jpg

210320111441.jpg
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi

Oops! Thats a bad one! You shouldn't have let the Optra guy go scot-free. Ask him to pay up. Check the forum for cost of the bumper (unpainted), add 2-3k for painting, 900 each for the fog and reverse lamps. No choice but to claim insurance and you would be paying 50% of cost of unpainted bumper plus the lamps. Do the maths!!