1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks @gpunto75 for the advise. I will wait for the call then.
    I got this quote through email and when i checked online it gives the same quote. My previous policy is also with FG only.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The premium you mentioned is with 25% NCB which you have earned for 2 claim free years? If yes, then I think you need to get a few more quotes preferably from those who have cashless tie up with FASS. Just ensure that the IDV is correct.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    The quote from Bajaj is 15K, but the IDV is 640000. I will have to check on the insurance providers who have cashless option for Fiat.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have a confusion on renewing my Linea's insurance (completing 3 years on 24th Jan 2016, as per registration).
    My previous insurer was Reliance. Made no claim. Hence current NCB is 35%. (Last years IDV was 7.41L, NCB was 25%)

Opt1 : Reliance : IDV 6.67L, Zero Dep, Road side assistance by Reliance, offers cashless : 16000₹
    Opt2 : L & T : IDV 6.29L, Zero Dep, Road side assistance by Policy Bazaar, not sure of cashless : 14600₹

Reliance is through a local insurance agent and L&T is through policy bazaar.
    Policy bazaar guys say they offer lot of things free as part of roadside assistance including taxi to hotel, hotel, car transportation in case immovable, wrong fuel filling, etc, etc. Anybody has availed the roadside assistance of PolicyBazaar? How good is that?

The reliance guy say that L&T is new to the field, not sure of cashless, etc. etc.

Which would you suggest?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Do not go by Policy bazaar's claims of goodies. They generally overdo things and most of the times they do not have the correct information about the services from the Insurance co. Use the Policy bazaar only for comparison purposes and negotiation purposes. Always cross check whether the Insurance co you short listed on policy bazaar does offer the said services. In my case during my last renewal process, I found otherwise, hence the warning.

Regarding the quotes, the IDV by Reliance is almost close to the calculated IDV, hence the quote should be OK. But does Reliance have a cashless tie up with the FASS? Reconfirm the same. If yes, and if you had a good experience with Reliance then you should go ahead with them. Else search for alternatives online, there are Insurance co who will welcome you with open arms (new customer=good discounts). Take an informed decision.

I stay a Km away from any Reliance businesses.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur, Thx.
    I have decided to renew with Reliance.
    I checked the website of a few other insurance agencies and with Zero Dep addon, policies range from 17K to 19K.
    At 16K, Reliance offers better IDV too.

I don't have a good or bad experience with Reliance, as I have not made a claim. I have not made any claim for the last 4-5 years, for they were minor stuff (2.5K to 6K).
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    So, the final quote from FG was 18800/- (Initial quote was little over 20K). And this was a better deal as the other providers were quoting less IDV which was ranging between 5.5L-6.5L. So, I proceeded ahead with FG for the 3rd year as well.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. hydrofuel

hydrofuel Timido

mumbai
    For 150k IDV palio 1.6 2007 model what should be insurance premium for comprehensive?
    This is 3rd year and previous premium was 8621 rupees with 20 pc ncb.
  9. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Need 2nd opinion, 1) FG or 2) Bajaj Allianz (below are their quotation and addon offered)

1) FG
    Note : IDV will be 4.36L, below mentioned is just for reference.
    upload_2016-3-11_18-6-57.png

2) Bajaj
    upload_2016-3-11_18-12-21.png