1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur, thanks for your input. I got call from Policy bazaar today morning.
    They are guiding to buy HDFC ERGO
    IDV : 5.4L, Zero Dep includes 100% except battery, tyre. Premium Rs.20583.

FG through policy bazaar Zero Dep, IDV: 5L , Premium rs.19625.

The premium amount I calculated earlier on the portal has very low IDV of 4.2L. Thanks @ghodlur for guiding to get the correct IDV.

I will check with the Fiat KVR tie up and update here. My previous claim was smooth, but I had to spend more money from pocket as it was not a B2B.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 5, 2015 ---
    missed to include in previous post:
    Policybazaar rep told that this is their 8 year anniversary offer price for today, and the price will go upto 21.7K by tommorrow.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Don't get lured by such advertising gimmicks. I check out policy bazaar purely for comparing the quotes, I would still buy online directly from the Insurer's website only.
  3. Onkar Satam

Onkar Satam Timido

Punto Evo 1.2
    My Punto Evo 1.2 insurance is expiring on 29 October. I am still not sure which insurance to renew with. I currently have Oriental which was given by the dealer. Currently my car is in workshop and claim of around 6 to 7 thousand is pending. Can anyone suggest which insurance should i go with. Also does anyone know which is the best insurance for cashless claims with suthorised fiat service centre - Balaji Autoworrld in Thane, Maharshtra
  4. snck

snck Amatore

Linea 1.3
    I renewed my car insurance over the weekend.

Switched back to FG after 2 years with RS. Still to make a claim.

IDV: 5.27lskhs
    Total premium with Zero Dep and NCB protection came to ~15,600.

Why did I switch to FG? The quote was slightly less, but more because, they were much more eager to sell me the policy.

On talking to fiat body shops in BLR, I got feedback that both are good in terms of claim settlement (One of them said RS is slightly better and another said same for FG, but in general no major negative feedback about any).

Hope I did not take a bad decision.
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    I have recently renewed my car insurance with FG and IDV provided was Rs. 369052 for premium of Rs. 7941. (NCB 35%)

Its being continuous 4 years with FG only and only one claim i have made so far.
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

My Car Linea T-Jet insurance is expiring by 22nd November 2015. For last Four years the insurance with add-on ZERO Depreciation is with TATA-AIG . No claims made this year. So eligible for 50% bonus.

TATA-AIG has quoted a premium of Rs 14.150 with Zero Depreciation. TATA-AIG says they have extended Zero Depreciation upto 7 years . (My car is on 6th Year now). IDV is at Rs 5,28,000/-

Other companies quoted a maximum of Rs 7,200 for normal policy.
  7. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

I have recently renewed my cars insurance in Bajajallianz.
    My car manufacturing year is 2012 and registered in 2013. But in the insurance copy they made a mistake and put manufacturing year is also 2013.
    I spoke with the agent and he said it's not problem in claim and also in the renewal.

I have no idea about this. Please suggest me should I leave as it is or raise the issue and change the manufacturing year.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Suggest to get the changes made ASAP. Dont take the agents words for granted. While buying Insurance co dole out lot of promises but when it comes to claims they get down to the tiniest of the nitty gritties. So better correct the Insurance policy.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Linea Emotion MJD, Registered - Jan 2014.
    Two year is getting completed this month and I will have to renew the policy for the 3rd year. No claims till date.

Here is the quote from FG for Zero depreciation. Is this OK?

IDV: 747144/-

Premium: 20049/- (Zero depreciation)
    Without Zero depreciation, it is 14745/-
  10. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Where did you get the quote from? From their website or call, and Is this their first quote?

1. If you chat on FG website they will do the calculations and quote you high.
    2. They'll call you after some days from local branch and quote a little low. And say this is their final quote.
    3. Still after some days they'll call you, if you say that you are getting it done somewhere else, ex HDFC, they'll give their best quote almost comparable to other lucrative options.

This is my experience last October, where I renewed my insurance for Punto , FG started from 13500 and finally I did it around 11600/-.
    I had to wait for 2 weeks for the final offer though. And it's always better to be with FG.