1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    It is full invoice value of the car so I think Ex showroom price.
    If we see detail about the this add on there are no much explanation about coverage of reg and road tax but they have given 1 example where it explains as if car is costed 6L and ur IDV is 4.2, if it is total loss or stolen you would get entire amount
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @vista7155

How much did the Invoice protection add on cover cost? Was it an individual option or part of a package?

Read you last post where you said, your IDV was reduced. I hope your car is not under insured just because you wanted to opt for the add on packages.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    The add on Costed 1323.
    The IDV is as per the year depreciation calculation,there may be 10% deviation but all other companies were on same line of IDV and only RS,Tata Aig gave the option of increasing the IDV to 10% more.
    So theoretical value will be 5.20
    As I went for this add on didn't feel to increase the IDV.
  4. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    RS doesn't cover road tax only ex-showroom as per invoice. Whereas FG covers both ex-showroom and road tax
  5. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Time really files; The first birthday is already approaching :) and I was reminded of it gently by Future Generali. I've heard some good views of both FG and Royal Sundaram.
    I'm in Pune, so should I consider cashless payments as an advantage? Which insurance is being preferred by guys in Pune. Please put in your views and ideas. I'm ideally looking for a zero-dep with bumper-to-bumper protection.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Cashless payments are always a boon, saves pocket from getting that deep hole. I would suggest to ideally check with the workshop where you service your car as to with which Insurance co do they have cashless tie up. Then check online quotes with those Insurers and compare line to line. Be judicious with the IDV and get the quotes accordingly.

If you are happy with FG , then continue with it. It has the advantage of having cashless tie up across any Fiat workshop in India.

Personally I found both FG and RS equally good in their approach towards claim settlement.
    asimpleson and Ravi Varma like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Cashless is a huge advantage @Ravi Varma. To add to what Ghodlur said, the experience was that dealer made up a final invoice about 15-20% more than the amount approved by surveyor during initial inspection. Add to that the insurance company had some confusion about the policy whether zero dep or not. Plus one has to do some running at times for submitting paper work and stuff. This is case with GIC based insurance, could be same elsewhere also. With Cashless this whole fiasco could have been avoided. Since once just needs to pickup the car later after initial assessment and submission of papers at dealership. Dealership person handles all the issues generally with Insurance company, esp. the labour component of it.
    Ravi Varma and ghodlur like this.
  8. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My Punto Evo Dynamic MJD, Futrue Generali First year insurance is expiring by 12th OCT.
    I have made 1 claim last year.

Last week I have got mail from FG with IDV as 545698/- and premium of 15889/- and today I have got another letter with same printed details, however Final premium is hand written as 14897/-

My First insurance was give free and was not Zero dep'. I am confused on whether to continue with same insurance company or not. Seems KVR Kannur does not have tie up with FG now, and they have moved to Oriental insurance.

Is Rs.14897 high premium and should I change insurance provider?

From Policybazaar HDFC Ergo16497 for Zero dep and 3292 for normal .
    Bajaaj aliance 18095 for zero Dep and 13387 for normal.
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    hi, any inputs will be very helpful. :)
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I find this strange, Future generali has a national tie up with all FASS. Can you get this confirmation from KVR in writing and then speak/drop a mail with Fiat India. Surely there is some confusion. Meanwhile enquire with KVR apart from Oriental which other Insurers have a cashless tie up with the Workshop? Accordingly get an online quote from all such Insurers and compare the premium, if premiums are at par then compare line to line of the quotes. One suggestion, opt for the zero dep add on cover and then get quotes. If possible understand the zero dep coverage wordings for each Insurer before buying the policy online.

How was your experience with FG last year during the claim? If you are satisfied with the claim process and time, then you can continue with them.

V.IMP: Please get quotes for a correct IDV