1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Sateesh,

I checked on FG site , found all your points (while I try to buy online) , but could not find point 5 i.e. 100% consumables.

Did you do this online?

-Avi
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Well guys many folks are apparently going for FG, however my experience with FG in Bangalore is pathetic and if anyone needs any info can message me. That is one insurer I am not going for.
  3. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Raj, Please share your experience for the benefit of others

Consumables was 0.1% of IDV specified in the quote sent by FG agent in email. I did this with an agent over email and paid online.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ssateesh Well, I had bumper to bumper zero depreciation cover from FG including add ons like engine cover, invoice cover (in case of total loss they pay RTO and other taxes as well). I had a small incident and there were some damages to the bumper. The surveyor was only interested in saving money and FIAT Caffe as a general rule paints the whole bumper. This guy argued and said that they will give only for spot painting which is ridiculous in a new car. I do not want that kind of service from an insurance company.
    ssateesh likes this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @harish kotur
    sorry for the late reply i was on long vacation and didn't have internet to reply.
    I think you got very good deal considering the IDV and Add-on's but for my renew as of now got the quote from Tata-AIG where IDV is 510 bumper to bumper costs 20163.
    BA gave the same IDV and it is costing 19.5K and tried 2 to 3 times to get the RS quotation but there is no response and i am afraid whether RS service standards have gone down, last year they were very fast to get the renew and followed up 2 weeks.
    Now confused between Tata and BA.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am in talks with Reliance and Bharti - both of them have invoice protection which is something I want since it is a 1 year old car. Bharti AXA has a head office in Bangalore so I do not know if that would make a difference. Anybody has any idea on both of these companies? I still have 2 days time so I am still researching.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Raj_pol

If I were you, I would stay miles away from Reliance. Have heard enough horror stories not only with Fiat brand but with other brands too. Bharati Axa is a relatively new in the motor insurance when compared to the biggies like Tata, BA, RS etc. You can use Bharati's quote to negotiate with other Insurance players.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur - Bharti's quote is on the higher side - Rs 22 K approx. Almost 19K for the insurance from RS. This is for an IDV of around 5.9 L. I am tempted for RS but I do not know their service level in Bangalore.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    RS is very good I had 1huge claim of 2.5L and one more of 10k no questions was asked and claim process was hassle free.
    Today I renewed with RS and the premium was 17211 and as per the year calculation IDV is 472500 and add on was zero depreciation,full invoice price cover and aggravation cover where it covers engine,gearbox,transmission and power steering.
    From other players IDV was 510 to 530 but the premium was more and above mentioned add on was costing another 2k more and as of now I saved around 5k and with invoice protection my IDV became less
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @vista7155 Quick question on invoice protection - for RS does it cover road tax and registration fees or only the original ex-showroom price of the car?