1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I renewed my insurane with New India Assurance at Jay Vijay. The IDV is 580000/- and the cost is 14932/- It includes zero dep, RSA, Engine Protection, Under Body and other features. Can share the policy details once I receive the document. It sounds like a good deal because I was offere around 16.5 K from Sky Motto Fiat.
    harish kotur likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I think both the quotes are almost same so you can compare line to line items. Just check with the workshop whether both have cashless tie ups and whose claim settlement process is the best. Decide accordingly. I assume both are online quotes.
  3. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After a long bargaining,
    Renewed Insurance with FG for Rs.14279/-.
    IDV: 530000

These are the following Add ons covered in the policy.

1) Depreciation Re-imbursement ( 0% DEPRECIATION )
    2) Repair of Glass, Fiber, Plastic & Rubber Part (100 % COVER )
    3) Loss of personal belongings
    4) Emergency Transport & hotel expenses
    5) Key Replacement

Checked with Aadya service center which all insurance companies they are tied up with,
    Aadya have a tie up with FG, Bharati AXA, Reliance and TATA AIG for cash less claims.

Out of above they suggested FG.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat and FG have India wide cashless claim facility.
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @harish kotur, you appear to have cut a good deal. I too have done FG for its tie with Fiat.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Is FG that worth compared to Bajaj Allianz or TATA AIG? PLease let me know your reviews of claims if done.
    Mine is to be renewed in Nov 2015.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Quite surprised that Aadya doesn't have cashless tie up with big players like BA and RS.
    I suspect the person you spoke to might have missed to mention them as these two companies along with FG have cashless tie up with almost all FASS at least in big cities.
  8. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too felt the same when i spoke with FASS person.

My current insurance (2015-2016) is with BA, During previous renewal with BA, there representative told that they have tie up with FASS.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Normally it is the dealer or workshop's choice to which Insurance co they should tie up for cashless claims and lot depends on the agreement related to commission. So whoever pays the higher commission will be pushed through to the customer more vigorously even if the Insurance co has not so good claim process. The workshop will promise the sky to the customer but once the Insurance is done wash their hands off saying the decision lies with Insurance co when it comes to claims approvals and settlement.

I generally ask them to show me the proof of list of Insurance co with cashless tie up, the workshop try to divert but I stick to the ground.
  10. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Completed insurance for a New Fiat Linea T-jet emotion for IDV 943659 with Future Generali. Total cost 27193. Following are included

1) Nil Depreciation
    2) Loss of Keys
    3) Loss of personal belongings
    4) Road Side assistance
    5) 100% Consumables
    6) Engine Protector
    7) Return to Invoice including road tax