1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Agreed shams. But there are lot of things which are still not transparent when it comes to dealing with Insurance co.

I searched IRDA but could not find any informations as to how the final OD premium after the deductions such as NCB, discounts etc should be arrived at. One thing that puzzles me is the anti theft device discount. I was told recently by Insurance co representatives that any anti theft device not part of the OEM only will be considered for such discounts. For eg the rolling code Immobilizer in Fiat cars will not be considered as an anti theft device when it does the required function. The Insurance co with whom I recently renewed the Punto's insurance refused this discount but had given me the same discount for my earlier Fiesta when renewed with them. Don't understand the logic though.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    A tale of 6 supervisor's drama with L&T Insurance:

Folks, now i am looking for a 3rd year insurance renewal. On this venture, i thought of contacting the L&T insurance folks to get some quotes.

At first instance, every thing went smooth, i got a call with in few hours of request and upon discussion i was emailed a copy of quote with brochures too. Then started the mystery of weirdness ;).

Upon detailing through the brochure document, i was stumbled upon a clause called "16x7 claim assistance", not only it was highlighted in a bulletin point, but no further detail explanation was given.

As usual, next day i got a follow up call, where in i raised the doubt and requested for further details on this. The lady on the other end was clueless. Immediately she requested me to hold while she contacts her supervisor for clarification. Still she was confused as what i was asking about. Then she claimed to call me again after a while. Following few mins, i got a call from her claimed to be supervisor who again was clueless about my question.
    This drama went for like 3 days continuous where in 6 people called me up claiming superiors to each other. This raises a deep concern, yet the EOD, none of those so called supervisors could clarify me. Finally i had to email them back with a screenshot, apparently they dont know what document they sent to me; *ironic*!!
    By any company hierarchy logic, the last 6th supervisor should be a country/continent marketing/sales head :p lol

On the 4th day, i got another call from the first lady who sent me an email, after which she couldnt even explain. She transferred the call to her again so called supervisor (6th one, at last :p)

Now comes the fun ;). This self claimed supervisor calls up and when i asks for clarification replies like:

Pseudo Supervisor (PS) : Sir, this 16x7 claim assistance is noting but 16 hours and 7 days of our working style.
    Me: Huh? hmm...Really?, then why its suffixed as "claim assistance"?
    PS: Where sir? huh??
    Me: In the brochure document, page 2 bottom. *here we go again* :(
    PS: Sir, that actually is you can claim insurance in 16 hours and 7 days.
    Me: WTH ????????
    PS: Oh wait sir, sorry. It is 12*7 not 16*7, printing mistake.
    Me: So you sent an incorrect document which is a contract related document to your customer. Cant u send a correct copy?
    PS: No sir, actually we dont have corrected one.
    Me: Ok, now tell me whats 12*7 claim assistance means, if i have to agree on ur words
    (Story takes a flip side) :D..
    PS: Sir, actually when there is an incident of where you wish to claim an insurance i.e accident, repair, etc., this clause tells you that you should make that claim with in 12 hours.
    Me: WHATTTTTTTT?? :O *shocked, few seconds of deep breath*, ok, tell me for some emergency case if i am unable to claim within 12 hours, what happens then?
    PS: No probs sir, we shall make an exception for you and process it.
    Me: *Going nuts*, seriously? then whats the point of this clause?
    PS: *Goes silent for few secs*
    Me: Enraged, ends the call with blaming them of sending incorrect documents, lack of knowledge on their own policies, and 6 fake supervisors.

So folks, IMO, beware of this insurance company.
    Deepak, mchanna and ghodlur like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @zenwalker

Hahahaha. Nice way of reminding the people of their own mistakes. Most probably you must conversed with the BPO to whom the Insurance co must have outsourced. 75% of the front line sales people do not know of the product they are selling and the so called Supervisors are one step ahead of them. They are there to argue their colleague's case of incompetence.

Have you sent this email conversation to L&T, would love to hear their response.
    mchanna likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur lol who ever it is, pathetic to see that they are just careless and they dont even bother recording the calls with customers where in other insurers like Baja allianz, bharathi axa do upfront informed me that they r recording for official purposes. So this itself tells how serious the company is. Second, i am sure the company contact email is also being handled by some nincompoop agency. So staying away is the best by me and possible others.
    mchanna likes this.
  5. Swaminathan Gopalan

Swaminathan Gopalan Timido

Coimbatore
    Hi Team,

It's time of that year & my Linea's insurance is expiring in a week. I have got the below quotes from SBI & Royal Sundaram. My current insurance is with Royal Sundaram.

SBI :- IDV=675000, NCB=35%, Service Tax=14%, Final Premium=10364
    SBI:- IDV=675000, NCB=35%, NIL Depreciation=3543, Service Tax=14%, Final Premium=14403
    Royal Sundaram:- IDV=698250, NCB=35%, Final Premium=11302. If we renew online, we will be getting free 24x7 road-side assistance kit.

Bumper to Bumper quote from Royal Sundaram is yet to be received. Hopefully i think it would come around 16000 to 17000.

I am quite in a confused state on which one to use.Experts can you please suggest me which one to choose. SBI seems to cheaper with B2B itself but i am not sure how far the claim process will be. Please help me with the better choice.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Does SBI have a cashless tie up with Fiat workshop in your city? Also try getting a quote from Future Generali also, they are the nation wide Insurer for Fiat.

The zero depreciation add on cover by RS will be around 4K, so your final premium will be in the range of 15-16k range.

Of the two you have shortlisted, I would suggest Royal Sundaram.
  7. Swaminathan Gopalan

Swaminathan Gopalan Timido

Coimbatore
    Thanks ghodlur. Yes i am from Coimbatore and SBI is having cashless tie-up with CAI Fiat. Is Future Generali has a hassle-free claiming process?
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Have a word with the Workshop where you service your car about FG's claim process, if reviews are good, then you can think about them. Or else stick with SBI.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Recently renewed the insurance for my Punto 90HP with New India Asssurance and IDV is 5.47 lakh.

Punto 90HP July 2011 Registered.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur Nope I tried for a FG claim and am extremely dissatisfied. I would rather use a known brand like Tata AIG maybe next year.