1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Shouldn't one sell the old car to carry the NCB benefit to the new car? I think so.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, you are right. You need to sell the car to claim the NCB certificate which can be used while buying Insurance for the new car. The NCB certificate is valid for 3 yrs from issue. Also NCB certificate has to be applied for within 45 days of the sale transaction.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Has anyone availed Bajaj Alliance Cashless from Aadya Motors FASS?

I've got an IDV of 474000/- from Bajaj Alliance with Bumper to Bumper, 3rd party 7.5 Coverage, Driver 2L and Co-passenger 1L each and 20% NCB for a premium of 11842/- for My 2014 1.2 Dynamic Punto with Add-On Covers : S1 - 24x7 SPOT ASSISTANCE,S3 - Depreciation Shield,S4 - Engine Protector.

Is this a good deal or I can still negotiate ???
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest contact them (Bajaj Allianz) directly and compare the quotes. go with whichever one is less in case you want to go with Bajaj.
    pra.agar likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @pra.agar like what @shams suggested plus you car is relatively new (2014). I would try to get max IDV and pay more premium if necessary for a new car for higher IDV. Try Future Generali or Royal Sundaram. Or some GIC based company if you want to save premium and don't mind more paper work and time for claim settlement. @ghodlur your comments please.
    pra.agar likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I feel the IDV is very less for an year old car. What was your last year's IDV? For calculation purpose this year's IDV should be approx 10% less than last year's IDV. Ask for the premium quote from BA directly as suggested by @shams for the calculated IDV, no point in taking it from dealer. It will be far more cheaper online. As @asimpleson suggested, try getting quotes for the same IDv from FG and Royal Sundaram provided that they do have a cashless tie up with the FASS.

Aseem - the issue with GIC based companies is not low premium, its to di with their attitude to be competitive and co-operative during claim settlement. They still act like a typical government organization. It will be frustrating experience which is not worth it.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur, a recent experience was not completely good with GIC based company (New India I think), although their premium was less. Besides they still ended up giving lower payment even for a zero dep. (not cashless) later in-spite of approving prior estimate from Torrid Fiat. They say Torrid has goofed up and the blame game is on. No time to pursue now. About 85% claim amount was given of final bill amount.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2015 ---
    But also have had much worst experience with Bharati Axa last year; a tiny yet proper legitimate claim was rejected based on a survey timing technicality.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @asimpleson .

See there you go. The point is with GIC companies is that they feel they did a favour to the car owner by giving him the Insurance cover.

Funnily as on date, the survey for the Insurance co is an outsourced task. Many major Insurance co do not have their own survey team, they rely on third party reports for claim settlement. That's when the dealing business happens between the workshops and survey people which harms both the customer and Insurance co needs. And yet nobody wants to rectify that.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Although all that is true @ghodlur, I still think I can get the full amount if I pursue this at New India office. But then private players have been worst at times. I am still inclined towards GIC based companies, esp. when the premiums have been substantially higher through dealerships and private player offerings.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2015 ---
    Correction @ghodlur, the company is United India Insurance and apparently as I just checked the latest status, there was a confusion at their end where they thought it was a non-zero dep. Will know more by Monday.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Today renewed insurance for my Fiat punto active mjd 2012 from pinnacle motors Cochin gone with oriental insurance this time also.
    I had a claim last year so ncb...
    Idv 3.6 lacs....b2b insurance...@ rs 1000.
    Another dealer hyson in cochin quoted me 11k for same insurance.