1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^ when i took zero dep policy for Vista the agent took the photographs and policy was active but it was a migration from comprehensive policy to zero dep and issuer was New india assurance.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have a query, need your help on the right IDV of the car.

My car (Linea MJD Emotion, registered on 25 Jan 2013; Make 2012 June) is becoming 2 years old by 25th Jan, 2015. I need to decide on whom to go with by today or tomorrow.
    My current insurance is with Royal Sundaram (IDV of 8.24L, 0 dep policy at ₹20822, no claims made).
    For 2015, they have given the IDV of 6.27L (reduced by 2L), 0 dep policy at ₹17325). This is surprisingly lower than my expectation.
    I would like to go with them, but they are not ready to increase the IDV above 6.27L, but added return to invoice clause at 20818₹.

Future Generali has given me a quote for IDV of 7.41L, 0 dep at 22,177₹. They are expensive by about 5,000₹, but has given better value of the car.
    I have not yet contacted any other insurance agents, I would be doing it through Policy Bazaar shortly.

Should I go with RS with the low IDV or not? (They think the current list price of the car is only 8,90,000₹, where as the new Linea MJD Emotion is 9,95,651 ex-showroom price, now).
    Thank you.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I renewed with Reliance, IDV 7.41L (Zero dep policy) at 17,300₹ from an agent in Cochin
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    See thats the issue with the Insurance co, their databases aren't updated on real time basis at all. This results in wrong IDV calculation and subsequently wrong premium.

Does Reliance has a cashless tie up with the Fiat workshop in your city? Did you opt for any add ons? Sometimes lowest premium does not guarantee easy claim settlement or good customer support.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I did not check that. My car has been serviced at 3 different FASS till now. I hope, I would not have to make a claim. Not very concerned about cashless claim.

Yes, addon coverage for all the passengers in the car, to the paid driver, etc.
    Reliance did not honour my automobile association membership for a 200₹ discount and did not give me NCB protection (they say it is applicable only if previous NCB bonus is 25% or more (ie, no claims for more than 2 years - Mine has only 20%, which is standard for a car turning to 2nd renewal of premium).
    Otherwise, RS and Reliance premiums are the same.
    And premium on the renewal certificate shows 18,894 (but, I had to pay only 17,300. They must be looking to add customers).
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Just in case some of us are not aware, NCB is linked to the driver, not the car. So if one had NCB in previous car, it gets carried over to the new car as well.
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I need to renew my Insurance coming month and I'm confused how to select which company to go for. I've not claim any insurance till date. Car is going to be One year old.

What all factors do I need to consider to select an Insurance?
    And what all discount and benefits I can nego with the renewing Insurance company.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ firstly check with the sc where you usually go/likely to go about which all insurance companies they have cashless tie up with. once you have a list of such companies, check who is giving the best quote amongst those. policy bazaar site is one place where you can find quotes of more than one providers.
    pra.agar likes this.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    do u mean FASS with ServiceCenter?
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What @shams meant was find out with which Insurance co does the FASS have a tie up where you dont have to pay cash first and then reimburse from Insurance co during any claims. Generally Fiat Service workshop tie up with certain Insurance co so that in case of any claims you dont have to part with your cash, the workshop claims it directly from Insurance co.
    pra.agar likes this.