1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Response from RS is really good. They called me first on 6th Jan. I asked him to call on 19th. I got call yesterday. Since FG had tie up with Fiat, initially I planned to go with it. But response it poor and I dont want to follow up this time. During car purchase I have done enough follow up, since there is no other car in market which can beat punto I have beared all the things.
    I will be visiting KHT service and mostly finalize with RS.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    I will be completing one year ownership of my Fiat Linea Emotion(MJD) in 10 days, hence looking for renewal of my insurance with FG.

Here are the quotes I have for the second year,

Quotes.jpg

Are these quotes reasonable?
    Is it required to go with Engine Protector?
    I checked with Vecto Motors and they said Bajaj doesn't have cashless with them. So, I am planning to drop this.

Yet to receive a call from RS and FG for a final number.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Your IDV on renewal should be around 8.3L, unfortunately none of the Insurers match to it. Based on this value get the quotes and then compare. Engine Protector add on is preferred if you drive mainly through water logged areas (esp in monsoons), for the rest of the repairs, zero dep is often sufficient. Instead of engine protector, you can opt for NCB protection which will save you the loss of NCB in case of any claim.
    arun_josie likes this.
  4. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    During a sales pitch Insurers normally would lower the IDV as it would bring down the premium value. Ask for quote @ 8.3 L.
    Cashless facility is the key. Make sure the insurer has the tie up with the service provider.
    arun_josie likes this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Please beware of renewing insurance from online of bumper to bumper insurance policy.
    As i have left for insurance claim this monday with RS, the claim process is getting delay because the surveyor is telling that from RS nobody has inspected the vehicle while renewing the policy but there is process for bumper to bumper insurance, as they will take PICS of the car from all the side in order to prove that the car is in good condition.
    In my case as nobody has taken PICS now they have sent the mail to my old insurer to take all the history and hence waiting for approval to go ahead.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That is strange and IMO the surveyor is playing with you.
    Vehicle inspection is done is two circumstances - one when the car is sold and the insurance needs to be transferred to new owner and secondly when there are multiple claims stated in an year for the vehicle during insurance renewal. In your case does either one apply? If not then you should directly have a call with RS to understand the delay in the process.

Generally for online renewals, the vehicle inspection is waived off when a different Insurer is opted for than the present. In fact I renewed the Insurance online for my Punto from FG to RS and there was no requirement of inspection.
  7. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155

Today I have take RS online Rs17732/- for IDV of 584000. Guy from RS called and assisted till end. After seeing your post I had written him back regarding inspection of car. Below is the reply from him.

Dear Sir,

We don't do any Inspection. Inspection will be done only if your policy already Expired.
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks guys for the suggestion.

FG has quoted IDV @830160 and premium @21338.1(Zero Dep).
    As per Vecto Motors, Bajaj doesn't have cashless with them.
    No calls yet from RS.

So most probably I will continue with FG. I will have to decide on whether to include Engine Protector cover as well. I missed to check regarding the cover for NCB.
    krish1484 likes this.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @Anand
    I also got confused and called their call center but now as per surveyor status it is awaiting the manager approval.
    Vecto has already finished the work so i will take the delivery by paying and will claim afterwards from RS.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks Anand. I forgot to mention this one, this is the third reason for Inspection of car for insurance renewal