1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Don't worry. This is the attitude of most of the companies in India & is not limited only to insurance companies. Everyone wants to take the money & run away.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Which insurance policy to go with,zero dep ?as my dealer is giving the insurance free,shall I go search another company .please tell.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Ask dealership if they have tie-up with the insurance company. Generally, lesser hassles in claiming damage. And of course zero-dep for as long as you are offered one. Always buy zero dep. till valid on a vehicle.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

If you cross check the insurance amount which is generally offered by dealer is always on the higher side. For eg, if the free insurance amount shown is Rs 26K, then actually the insurance cost would be Rs 17-19K only. This is for basic insurance. What you can argue with the dealer is regarding the zero dep add on being added to the insurance which is free in the difference amount of Rs 8-9K. If he denies, show him the quote which you take from an outside insurance co.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  5. Anand

Anand Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys

It has been one year for my punto and need to renew insurance. I had claim with FG

Got two reminders from FG. Below are the quotes which I received from different companies, all are bumper to bumper as I dont want to go with comprehensive.

FG: 20500 IDV 566000
    Bharathi Axa: 13000 IDV 490000
    Bajaj Alliance: 16000 IDV 525000
    Royal Sundaram: 17700 IDV 580000

I am not sure which I need to consider. When I checked with KHT they recommended FG, when asked about Royal sundram they told it is also good.

New showroom is getting opened in Vijayawada (Turbo Fiat). When I checked here they again recommended FG, but strictly told no to Royal Sundaram as the surveyor is the worst person among all insurance companies in Vijayawada, instead told bajaj Alliance is good.

Earlier I am bit inclined towards Royal Sundaram considering benefits and response now bit confused.

I had called FG person in KHT thrice, but not received quote from them, every time they say they are sending now.

Not sure whether I need to go with FG or Royal Sundaram or Bajaj Alliance.
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

That's because Fiat always deals with FG. FG's insurance quotes are higher for Fiat cars (only for Fiat cars).
    With FG, the premium for an i20 CRDi Asta, is at par with any other insurance company's offer. Some business deal between the Italian car manufacturer and Italian insurance company to loot customers.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

You can go with RS if you are getting a good deal. My friend recently claimed insurance with RS with repairs done at Kht. He had good hassle free experience.

Even i have bought insurance from RS.
    Do check policybazaar also for good deals.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

I went with RS and they quoted very less with High IDV compared to others and got quotes form Policy Bazar but it was on higher side.
    Directly called RS and finalized the deal.
    The insurance costed for 2nd year punto was 19,172 with 6,20,840 as IDV and one more thing is RS is having cash less facility with all the Fiat ASS.
    Today i have left my car for accident repair let me see how the service of RS is.
    While Buying it was excellent and they were continuously following up and also had mistake in the address it was rectified immediately and sent the hard copy with out any delay.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

It depends upon who gives an correct quote for a correctly calculated IDV. As seen from the quotes you mentioned, there are different IDV's hence different premium amounts. Since you have a claim with FG, they quoted a higher premium since they consider you as a high risk customer. Others see you as a new customer, hence quote lesser to get business from you. Amongst them check the ones who have a good settlement process, your workshop can give your more insight in this case. I would suggest not to go with the flow just for the sake of it, but verify yourselves.

In one of my interactions with a Insurance source, I was told that FG has a corporate tie up with Fiat similar to like Ford has with Royal Sundaram (call it a South connect with political interference of course). FG therefore has to have a uniform cost for all spares when used during repair at authorized FASS. Also during claims, FG cannot refuse any replacement due to their corporate tie up. Where as other Insurance co who have a cashless tie up dictate terms during claims or repairs, do have right to refuse reimbursement of certain spares and even reduce the price cost since they have their own spares costing.

So according to my Insurance colleague, it is always better to insure the car from the manufacturer authorized Insurer only. Having said that if FG in this case is not upto the mark of customer satisfaction, nobody can stop a customer from switching Insurers but do write to Fiat regarding the same so that they can pull up FG at corporate level.
  10. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    My Linea TJet came for renewal in Dec'14. It was with FG (bumper to bumper). I did receive a renewal quote & call from local FG executive but when asked to change the IDV, he didn't come back to me. I took quote from policybazaar. RS (B2B) suited the best. They also offered MyTVS kit that has some value added services like Emergency Towing assistance, Repair on the spot, Flat tyre service etc. I opted for it as I thought being a Chennaite myself , RS will have the home advantage. However as Ghodlur says , check with the garage people for clarity.