1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi there..Thanks for your reply

HysonFiat ,Thrissur(Kerala)
    What you mean by "cashless tie up". Is it something you refer to claimed repairs later or getting a new insurance free of cost when i buy a new car?
    I heard the free FG insurance offer is from FIAT not from Dealer.That is why I concerned
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    what should be the typical amount for insurance of Punto 1.3 MJD Active Nov 2011 model. Looking for bumper to bumper insurance.
    Current one is from Bajaj Allianz.
    I am getting various quotes. Please advice.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Cashless tie up is a facility where in the Insurance co will be pay the repair cost to the workshop directly instead of you bearing the repair charges except for the compulsory deductions. This saves you from paying the repair charges and reclaiming it from insurance co. Is the free insurance from Fiat? I thought it is always from the dealer, pls check and verify.

Why dont you compare the different quotes on like to like basis? It will be difficult for the forum to advise anything unless you provide the complete information.
  4. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    I may be a little late for this thread but wanted to ask some questions regarding the insurance for my Fiat Linea MJD Emotion; 2009 Model and is insured by Royal Sundaram from last year with Depreciation Cover that only Royal Sundaram provides for cars over 4 Years old. November 2014 is the renewal date for this and the premium after the NCB discount is 13K. Now I need to know if the depreciation cover is a must for cars more than 5 Years old as I haven't claimed anything last year and I am very care full driver by the way. I completely understand that the Insurance is a real must to have and having that with a life time depreciation cover is an added advantage, but considering the amount of premium that one has to pay to have this is little high. And that too for the same IDV the other insurers are quoting 6K - 7K but with depreciation. Hence I want to know if this feasible enough to continue with Royal Sundaram or to go for low premium ones.. BTW, I use my car frequently for my highway travel to my native once in a month or so... and rest are all city driving once in a week.. No body knows when something unfortunate will happen..
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @guru
    Answer is there in your post itself.
    Any how regarding the zero depreciation cover i will go with my eye closed because you never know what will happen on the road,
    you may be sedate driver but you can't believe others.
    For example i have my own experience, when i was waiting in the signal the idiot two wheeler jumped the signal and in-order to avoid the oncoming signal directly he smashed my car:mad:.
    the damage was broken bumper and right fender with dent and car was just 1 month old :banghead:, zero depreciation saved my life the repair bill was 13K and i paid around 1K.
    So the extra what you are paying above the comprehensive insurance is justified.
    ghodlur likes this.
  6. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    I took Bajaj Alianz insurance finally. They have cashless tie-up with Fiat their online process was quite smooth and so was the service on phone. I didn't take 0 depreciation plan as it would have added more than 5k to my premium.
  7. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155

I has Private car package policy from Bajaj which has taken by leasing company and i am not aware of the % of money i get when we repair, Now i end up paying little more than 50% from my pocket. can you tell me how much % i get if i take Depreciation shield policy of bajaj.

Also If you have changed front bumper of your car then Can you please look into the below thread and let me know the gap is ok between headlight and bumper.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/query-on-rod-between-front-bumper-lower-grill-and-radiator.13242/
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @ugandhar
    regarding the Depreciation Policy there is need to pay anything for repair/part replacement including glass,rubber and plastic parts
    100% cover for the above said parts.
    only expense is 1K as processing fees(i paid with bharathi axa) and depends on your insurance company.

Regarding the repair the job done is very bad, please revisit the Service center and tell them to refit the bumper.
    In my car they have replaced properly i am not able to make out any difference in fitting.
    If Picture is required i will post it for you by tomorrow
    ugandhar likes this.
  9. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you.. will visit the workshop this weekend...
  10. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
    Already..one of the senior member asked me to verify whether free insurance from future generali is from dealer or fiat..
    From the information I got from dealer,it is 50:50 between dealer and fiat.
    From information I got from FG employee(friend) It is from fiat.