1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you check with Royal Sundram?
    I would say leave L&T. Choose between RS, Tata AIG or Future Generali (mixed reviews), whichever is giving to lowest quote.
  2. jain.adityaa

jain.adityaa Timido

Pune
    Guys,
    Need your inputs for the renewal of Insurance. Currently i have Future Generalli (I am quite happy till this time) but now I am fed up of following these guys to provide quotation.

Can you all suggest. Location will be Pune or Delhi (incase of claim if required)

Thanks In Advance!!!
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    How old is your car? Can you check with the Fiat workshop (Pune or Delhi) with which Insurance co do they have cashless tie up? Try to get an online quote and compare.
  4. jain.adityaa

jain.adityaa Timido

Pune
    Hi, I is 3 years old (2011). I know for Pune they have Future & Tata AIG but like i said i am fed up of calling them again and again for quotation
  5. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    I recently did it (New India) in Pune from Pandit Auto.
    They have massive discounts because of their tieups and that's why they won't send you the quotation by email or courier.
  6. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    My insurance with Future Generalli is about to get over by this month-end. I ave tried contacting them 4-5 times in this week but no quotation. In fact, that guy said that he's started side-business with other companies and he might offer me better quote with reliance (I don't trust reliance in most matters), but he didn't boother getting back after 4/5 follow u calls. I haven't had any claim in last 4 years and I am looking forward to a good insurance company (in terms of claim settlement if need arises) to renew my insurance. I own 90BHP MJD (Diesel) top-end Punto, how much premium can I expect considering NCB for last 4 years? Any suggestion about the insurance in Pune?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Manish,

Suggest you to contact the Fiat workshop(s) where you generally service your car and enquire about the cashless tie ups with Insurance co. Based on that check for the online quotes with the Insurance co and take an informed decision. Before you buy the Insurance, have a chat with the workshop fellows to enquire about the claim processing time of the Insurance co you finally zeroed in.

Suggest you to opt for the zero dep add on as this would be your last year of availing the add on.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi Manish,
    I got the insurance done by Royal Sundaram as they were very good in following up and very competitive in pricing compared to other companies. I tried to get the quote from Policy bazar but they were on higher side. Directly i raised the request in Royal sundaram website and got the call in few minutes. And one more thing is they have tie up with almost all fiat service centers.
    The RS insurance guy can check in their database to confirm your service center for cashless repair. They gave 6.20 IDV(high among others) and Zero depreciation policy for around 19.5K car is one year old.
    Service is also very good as per my recent experience where i got the wrong address and i called customer care they corrected immediately and received the updated hard copy within 4 days.
    My previous insurance Company was Barathi Axa(had one claim).
    Hope my post helps you.
  9. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
    Friends,
    I am in the market for new Linea Tjet Emotion.The Dealer says there is no free insurance from Future Generali for petrol models.To wwhat extent is it true?He is recommending Oriental Insurance (Comprehensive).

What is your opinion?
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If Oriental Insurance has a cashless tie up with Fiat workshop then it should be OK. Since dealer isnt providing Insurance, you need to buy it yourself and best way to get one is buy online. The rates will be far more cheaper than that given by dealer. BTW which dealer are you referring to?