1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Future Generali has mixed reviews, Royal Sundram seems to be most preferred for Fiat owners. You can search for individual thread, you would get some idea. I would suggest avoid ICICI Lombard.

Which place are you from? And which dealer you are dealing with? Check with which all they have cashless links, and then contact them directly. BTW, you can negotiate with dealer as well on premium.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you guys for the replies. I did end up going ahead with Future Generali as they have a tie up with Fiat. Also, I got cover for the entire price of the car (including road- taxes) and other charges in case of total loss.
    Ravi likes this.
  3. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

I had bought a pre-owned Grande Punto in August 2014, I got the updated RC today.
    Now the insurance on this vehicle is valid till October 19 (from bajaj allianz), when I checked with the insurance company about the transfer of insurance on my name I was asked to pay Rs 650 (transfer) + some amount for the NCB claimed by previous owner + taxes.

Now I have 3 options:
    1. Pay the above amount and transfer the insurance onto my name and renew it with bajaj allianz.
    2. Get a fresh insurance from some other company while the previous policy still in force(would it be possible?)
    3. Let the policy remain as it is till Oct 19 and take a policy from some other company (not recommended).

Please suggest the best possible/economical solution to my confusion.

Thanks,
    OnWheels
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do check quotes from different insurance companies. Mainly I would suggest check Royal Sundram or Tata AIG, if they quote less or similar, you can buy from then.

On option 2, yes you must buy before current one expires. New one should be bought before, the actual date of start you can give as 20th Oct.
  5. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reply Ravi.
    I am also interested in RS or Tata AIG but the problem here is do I need to transfer the previous insurance onto my name before renewing? or I can straightaway buy a fresh insurance from RS or Tata AIG.
    The new policy will start from Oct 20 as per the expiry date of previous policy and for the remaining days the policy will be in the name of previous owner.
    What if the vehicle is involved in an accident during this period?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even in case of emergency, you should be able to use insurance, I hope you have contact with previous owner.

Else, better buy new one on your name, I assume previous owner has used it and no NCB available for you.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @OnWheels, ur car's insurance has already expired. Pls buy new insurance IMMEDIATELY.

IRDA rule is that when there is change of ownership, the insurance needs to be transferred in the name of new owner within 14 days post which no claims will be entertained and the old policy is no longer valid
    Ravi likes this.
  8. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    @shams, thanks for the info but I checked with the previous insurance company they said it is still valid and I can transfer the insurance on my name which I would be doing tomorrow.
    I am willing to get a fresh insurance but the insurance company(RS, Tata AIG) cannot give me a new insurance before the end of existing policy period i.e., 19th Oct.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Gurus,

My 2012 Linea MJD Emotion PK's Insurance is getting expired in next few days. I inquired online and with one the agent. Can you guys help me to choose the best one please?

1. Future Generali B2B- 16082 INR
    2. L & T- 16082 B2B

Both are giving 25% NCB with 720000 as IDV.

Anyone please?