1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Update: I went with RS for 17K for IDV 6.75. Seemed worth it for me compared to the rest in all respects.

@Speedjet,
    First do get all the quotes from policybazaar and from directly visiting their websites. Ull get bombarded with calls. U do know this already. There is no reason as far as i think u need to stick with BA only tho having a good NCB. Try talking with others as well.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If you are getting a better quote than BA elsewhere then you can opt for the same. Nobody can stop you from doing that. Just ensure that the Insurer whom you shortlist do have a cashless tei up with the Fiat workshop where you service the Jet.

Apart from BA, Engine protection add ons are offered by Bharati Axa (Hydrostatic lock cover), HDFC Ergo (Engine & gear box protection), Future Generali (Engine Protection) etc. Get an online quote from them and compare.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Hey... I've a doubt.. Whether to claim insurance or not.. Had a small accident few days back. And there are few dents and scratches in the car. The workshop gys said it'll cost around 15k to fix it. Ive renewed my insurance for Rs.10000 last month with an IDV of Rs.4 lakhs approx with no claim bonus of 20%. Now the confusion is whether to claim insurance for Rs.15k or not.. Will it be a loss when I pay the premium next?? Howz it calculated in my case?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Kailas,

The basic idea to claim or not to claim as per some experts is:

Claim when the damage expenses is more than the difference of amount between next years premium n current one by atleast 3-5k difference.
    For example, if damage cost is around 20K and your current year premium already paid is 15k and next year you have to pay around 17k, then go for it. As the damage cost is more than difference between premiums is 3-5k then its worth.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Kailas,

There should be no doubt at all, You should claim Insurance coz the amount on NCB you would save next year if not claiming will be far lesser than the claim amount. The thumb rule is if the repair costs are less than 5K then pay it from your pocket, if above 5K then claim Insurance. Coz your NCB amount saved in a year would not exceed 5K approximatley (assumption).
    1 person likes this.
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I have a stupid doubt. Will NCB lost only for a year? Will it be lost every time I renew my insurance?

- - - Merged Post - - -

And also do I need to have the details of the person who hit my car?? And should it be claimed within some particular time?
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    NCB will be reset to 0 when you claim. If you do not claim, NCB will be earned back (yearly) starting from 20% not exceeding 50% over the years.

If it is a major accident, you will need a FIR which will have the details of person who hit etc. If it is minor accidents, they normally don't care. Like in your case where a bus hit you at the signal, just tell them the bus brushed your car and didn't stop.

Ideally, the insurance company will have to be notified immediately about the accident. You can report to them that the accident just happened yesterday in your case. But if the surveyor feels that you are claiming for a old accident, they have the right to reject.

VJ
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thanks alot...I'll claim it then :)
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Guys,

I am a new member to the Fiat Forum and looking for a quick clarification. I have booked a Punto Evo (1.3 Diesel) and am looking to buy the insurance personally. I am facing a couple of problems.

1. Most insurance providers have not updated their websites with the latest variant (the Evo version so I am unable to check online). As of now I could only see HDFC ergo with an update and they seemed very expensive.

2. Future Generali has a tie-up with Fiat. They were offering a zero dep cover for around 19k and I can add a few more features for roughly 22k. Any members have any experience with this group, as online reviews seemed to say they are average at best.

3. ICICI Lombard sales rep has promised me an update within 24 hours but I do not want to wait for 2 more days. He also mentioned that I can select option Punto for now as engine and pricing are same and later get it updated to Punto evo. However I am not convinced. Thoughts?

Thanks

Raj
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where r u from? Look at royal sundarm they might have best offer with lesser premium. They are very much hazzale free