1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, remember I took Bajaj Allianz as an example only. Did not recommend it. It is always advisable to get quotes from few more and then decide. :)
    If I were you, I will get quote from BA, Bharti Axa, TATA-AIG.
    2 people like this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Will take multiple quotes for sure :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Royal Sundaram is also an option. I have had good experiences when I was using Maruti WagonR. They do give unlimited claims for their B2B (Bumper to Bumper) insurance where as in FG we can claim only twice.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

Time has come for me to join the club here ;)

So on that, i have been hunting for various quotes and below are the ones:

[TABLE="width: 217"]
    <colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Bharati Axa[/TD]

IDV
    [TD="align: right"]615000[/TD]

Zerp Dep n RSA
    [TD="align: right"]1482[/TD]

Premium Total
    [TD="align: right"]18944[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 500"]
    <colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
    [TD="colspan: 4"]Bajaj Allianze[/TD]

IDV

[TD="align: right"]576200[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"] 615000
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"] 600000
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]600000
    [/TD]

Zero Dep n RSA n Engine protector

[TD="colspan: 4"] 5509
    [/TD]

Total Prem
    [TD="align: right"]18204
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]19291[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]18872[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]17978[/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 217"]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Royal Sundaram[/TD]

IDV

Zero Dep:
    [TD="align: right"]3983[/TD]

Total Prem
    [TD="align: right"]17794[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]N times claim in a year[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]Free RSA[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]Vecto Motors tie up
    [/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 219"]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Future Generali[/TD]

IDV
    [TD="align: right"]681590[/TD]

Zero Dep
    [TD="align: right"]3203[/TD]

Total
    [TD="align: right"]17895[/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

So guys, based on the above quotes, RS looks more viable in terms of N times claim but IDV is less compared to FG and both differs just ~100 INR.

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
    Zen :)
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Zenwalker,

RS is the more reasonable choice. Is the premium amount inclusive of taxes coz I have got a quote from RS for Rs 18K+ with zero dep, Windshield & Full invoice cost addons included and including taxes.The only negative of RS is that they dont have consumables Add on option. Even if anyone claims zero dep, the consumables charges will have to borne by the customer and this can be a sizeable amount.

How is FG quoting such a high IDV?
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes its all inclusive of Tax. But why is RS more viable here? I mean is its because of N times claim factor or someting else? Both of these are tied up with our FASS.

FG quoted my initial IDV higher almost 7.5 in the first year.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Firstly because of the lowest quote, secondly well established than FG and far more better customer support than FG. Thirdly zero dep has unlimited claims allowed in compared with FG where under zero dep you can claim only twice.

In my case for all same parameters, FG quoted 3.5K more than RS. Hence RS was the obvious choice. The funny part is RS doesnt feature in the list of cashless tie up Insurers displayed in Fiat workshop near my place. Had to write to them to get in writing about RS.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    with low IDV compared to FG.
    Do not know about how reliable RS is than FG.

About FG experience from me:
    The website is really sucks, it displays all kinds of error messages up front when i tried to get a quote or renew.
    Had to write up an email in requesting them to get back to me
    FG guy called me 2 days back and asked my current policy details, after giving away the details, he promised me to call me back in 5 mins, its been 2 days not sure what time zone he lives in :D Thus making me to write email to them again.

On the RS side, after just trying to get a quote from their website, i got a call in email was dispatched with the quotes.

So godlur buddy, looks like your point is correct here, FG customer service has to do a bit more.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Here is my input. I was following this thread last month for renewal of my policy. I tried to check at BA, FG and Policy Bazar sites, but couldn't get any quote online or the process did complete. However, calls came immediately from all sides. I was bombarded with quotes.

I finally went for a local guy with FG and got the insurance for IDV 7.65K (without NCB due to a self accident last year) + Zero Dep (Plan 1) for Linea MJD 2012 model for Rs 20160. I think it is OK? FG has cashless tie-up with service workshop at Indore.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The time for insurance renewal is nearing. Last year I had moved to Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure which costed close to Rs 25000 for my TJet

Inspite of having NCB, BA is asking for close to Rs 23000 for insurance + drive assure this year (without drive assure it is 14000). The feedback on TFI for Bajaj Allianz this year is bad. From the feedback it appears that I should change the insurer? Do other companies also provide engine cover and other add-ons similar to drive assure? What would be the approximate cost? Fellow TJet plus owners please comment