1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

Hey Ratan,
    Check out the discounts, if you have NCB then you might get discount as high as 50-55% (in general they offer 40-45%), though they start from 30% onwards, need some good negotiation skills :D

Viny
  2. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Pune

Guys a quick question. If I change the insurance company, how does the new company know if or if not I have claimed the insurance? I believe all they need is the insurance letter that was issued by the earlier insurance company at the start of the insurance? How do they verify for the no-claim-bonus?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

They ask for renewal quote of existing insurance company, it contians the details about NCB bonus, if the previous insurance company is not offering NCB than the new one will also not offer any such discounts. One cant cheat about NCB easily unless the documents are forged.
  4. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore

As rightly said by atulalvenkar,
    1. Check with TASS get estimate for entire work
    2. Then find how much amount you get from insurance company & what are the parts covered.
    3. Each parts has its own coverage Rate (Eg. If it is plastic & less than one year of manufacture you will get 50% from Insurance). You can find these details from IRDA Site, it is common for all insurance companies in INDIA.
    4. Find how much you will get for No Claim Bonus.
    5. Then decide to claim or pay.
    6. Important thing - Insurance company will pay only for same time impact. And they will not pay for the event accrued on different places/time. (If point 6 is wrong, let me know)
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Some moron rear ended my Punto yesterday while it was parked in a mall. Now there is a big dent below the rear FIAT logo . Checked with TASC. SA quoted 2.5K for dent removal and repainting (Body shop is closed). There are some scratches on the frunt bumper (from earlier incidents). How much would repainting the front bumper cost?

Is it possible to make a single insurance claim for the front bumper repainting and rear dent removal and repainting :wink: ??
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

If the scratch is minor, do it yourself with com-paint or leave as it is.

No you can't.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

exit ICICI Lombard as soon as possible. they are thieves. when you claim they come up with 1 crores of excuses to reject your claims and harass you as if you are a criminal.
    1 person likes this.
  8. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore

Can any one :anyone tell which insurance companies are good for both renewal and claim settlement. Since most of the insurance company give all promises when we take insurance :clapping and give more excuses to reject when we the claim :uh.
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Yes . It is correct method of collecting VAT
    VAT is Indirect Tax.
    Indirect Tax means deposition to the Govt.is done by tax payer & recovery is done from customer.
  10. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur

From my experience, Future Generale is ok, their claim settlement was on time and their insurance premium amount is less when comapred to other players in the market. As this company is the new player in the market and we may except good service and claim settlement atleast for another couple of years. Fiat has tied-up with this company and all new fiat cars will come this insurance unless the buyer is opting for non-Future General Insurance.