1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have got a quote following quotes (Zero Dep) for 2nd car insurance renewal I have NCB of 25%
    1. Royal Sundaram : IDV Rs. 5,64,000 Premium Rs. 15,800
    It includes Windshield Protection ,Zero Dep, Loss of Personal belongings and Spare CAr
    2. Bajaj Allianz : IDV Rs. 5,64,000 Premium Rs. 15,300
    It includes Zero Dep, Engine Protector and RSA
    3. Future Generali : IDV Rs. 5,60,000 Premium Rs. 15,305 and Rs, 15,586 with Unnamed PA
    It includes Zero Dep, loss of key, Loss of Personal belongings, Road Side Assistance, Consumables
    For Engine Protector with above the premium is Rs. 17,193

I usually go to Kashyap Fiat Okhla New Delhi and they have cashless tie up with Future Generali.
    Should i renew with Future Generali... I currently have insurance form Tata Aig..
    Are Engine Protection and Wind shield protector important as only advantage wind shield protection gives is of NCB protection in case of claim.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just spoke to Royal Sundaram they also have a cashless tie up with Kashyap Fiat in New delhi.......
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally purchased Insurance from Royal Sundaram
    Premium: Rs. 14854
    IDV: Rs.6,60,800
    Add on: Zero Dep, Wind Shield
    Free RSA
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This will sound strange but I am trying to guage how much Insurance will I have to pay during the first renewal for my Punto with 20% NCB (assume). The Insurance was given by dealer during the purchase and IIRC it was 26K in the first year. My insurance is due in June 2014 but was trying to understand how much amount will I have to reserve for the same? Its stock talking time post the yearly appraisals and the salary rise figures arent that encouraging:sad1, hence the need to plan my budget well in advance:(.

I know I will have to account the hike in the TPL premium which will be effected from 1st April 2014.

Anybody done the renewals for the Punto very recently from Future Generali?
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    is it mentioned as 26k in your policy document?
    asking this because most of the times they mention inflated price on the total price list of the car to show a blown up discount figure (since insurance is free), but lesser price is mentioned on the insurance policy document.

anyways you always have the option to select another provider from amongst those who have cashless tie up with Fiat SC in your area.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The premium mentioned in the Policy document given by FG is 13.2K. When I enquired with the dealer rep reg the same I was told that due to the tie up for free Insurance provison, the policy doc would show reduced premium.
    A quick chat with the person revealed that as of now the next year renewal with FG would cost around 13.3K, with United Insurance/Oriental insurance it would be around 11.6K approximately. This is without the add on charges. Last time I had picked up FG's predetermined bundled Gold packages which costed me Rs 5K extra. But it seems FG has revised the add on charges too and I will be let known about the same by the rep over mail.

So in totality I am looking for a Insurance expense of Rs 20K (incl of service tax & hike in TPL from 1100 present to 1667 post April 2014 hike). Any other details I get, I will post on the forum.

Just to let everyone know, Balaji Autoworld Thane is in the process of adding United Insurance in the cashless tie up list which presently includes only Future Generali & Oriental Insurance.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ghodlur, i would suggest check the quotes from outside as well. dealership has their commission involved usually. less amount due to tie up for free insurance and all that talk is crap. thats the price you would have got if you would have done insurance on your own from FG.
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Confused!! Im currently having Bajaj Alliance & haven't claimed anything till now. Its time to renew my insurance. When I checked with RDC motors, they said they have tie up with Future Generali & BHarati Axa so that they'll take care of all the processes if some damage happens.

My doubt is whether to stick with the current Bajaj Alliance itself or to go for Future Generali? Will it be a tough thing to claim the insurance if we are going by our own? Or is it better to take Future Generali & leave everything completely to the RDC guys??
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not at all. If the dealers don't have a tie-up with the insurance companies where you have your policy, it still can be handled smoothly. If you now check with dealers, they will try to force you to buy insurance from the companies they recommend as they get a good share of commission from them.

This is how it will work if you continue with Bajaj Allianz.
    - Leave your car with the dealer for damage repair.
    - Call Bajaj Allianz and register a claim.
    - Bajaj Allianz agent will visit the dealer and assess the damage and approve for the repair.
    - The dealer will start the work
    - You will get the claim amount cheque from Bajaj Allianz directly.
    - You pay fully to the dealer.
    bharath, aruncep and kailasmenon2000 like this.
  10. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Thank u.. I'll stick with ur words.. Will go on with Bajaj Allianz itself.. And hope they are good. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk