1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. saurav

saurav Amatore

Hi Everyone,

My car met with an accident, over a week back, and I currently hold an HDFC Ergo Motor Insurance. When I approached the insurance co, I got to know that they don't have a a cashless tie-up with any of the Fiat Service Centers across India, which they had when it was under TASS. And apparently, only two insurance cos. have cashless facility for Fiat Cars - Royal Sundaram & Future Generali.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Need to choose best 2nd Year Insurance for my Linea BNW MJD Emotion 2012 Model (Registered/Insured on Jan-24-2013)

Got the following quote from Bajaj Alliance:

IDV-768964 ( Shall be decreased to 670000)

Quote: 18748Rs
    Claim Excess each time: 1000Rs
    Glass:100%
    Fiber:70%
    Rubber,Tube,Tyre,Plastic: 50%

Features: Drive assure (Road Assistance with no impact on no-claim bonus)

0% Depreciation Policy means 26644Rs (Rs.1000 Claim excess each time)
    and 23611 Rs (Rs.2500 + Rs.1000 = Rs.3500 Claim excess each time)

They informed that they have cash less tie up and Chennai location shouldn't be an issue.
  3. Renewal of Insurance-Need your suggestions

Guys,
    I need your advice on the renewal of insurance.
    The insurance on my Punto Emotion DI model is up for renewal on 6th Jan 2014.
    Right now its with Future Generali (FG). The first year insurance was given free, as part of the purchase of the car.
    I had made a claim of Rs 30,000 due to the damages caused by an accident. FG Paid 22,000 and the rest from my pocket.
    Now that it has come up for renewal, FG is quoting me 24,000.
    They say that, if the claim was not done, the premium would have been 13,000.
    My doubt is, if i choose a new one like TATA AIG or Bajaj Allianz, would it be the same ?
    Will i be paying 24,000, if i switch over or will it be less ?
    Need your advice on this.
    Thanks and Regards
    Taurean Chakky
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Policy bazaar dot com will help you answer your query, but be prepared to receive calls from various insurance companies..
    Best of luck !! And do post the final figures and what has been included etc.

Thanks
    1 person likes this.
  5. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have received quotes and the best ones are from United Insurance and ICICI. My car was registered on 30 jan 2013 and the present insurance expires on 28 Jan 2014.
    ICICI is giving a maximum IDV of 8.5 Lacs for which the premium would be around 22k. United is giving me an IDV of 6.3 and the premium of around 14k. What is the best IDV which I can settle for. I am thinking 6.50 Lacs based on which I will get a quote from ICICI.
    There has been no claims from my side and all other companies which I checked are providing IDV's ranging between 4.7 and 5.8.
    Experts need suggestion!!
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ more importantly find out that the SC that you go to usually has cashless tie up with which insurance companies.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It was not inspected because your insurance had moved from a public sector company to another public sector company and these guys don't give a damn to such things. All the private sector companies insist for inspection of the car when there is break in insurance or renewal of zero depreciation insurance.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are the new owner in the current policy, you are not entitled for any NCB. NCB stays with the owner and not the car. Starting next year onwards you would be entitled for NCB if you do not claim.

1 person likes this.
  9. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    I think we should go for more IDV value. Is there a cash less claim for ICICI and United Insurance in our FIAT garage?
    Since there is no claims, you would get around 25% discount I think. Also, there are voluntary deductibles we could opt for which should reduce the insurance premium.
    My car was registered on 24th Jan 2013. Since only FG and NewIndia are available for cash less claim in Ramkay FIAT, Chennai, I have no other options to go for.
    For IDV value 7.8L, FG is offering around 19.7K for comprehensive and 23.5K for b2b 0% depreciation.
  10. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cash less is completely subjective upon the dealer and the insurance company. The dealer has tie ups with certain companies who give him good sum of commission and labor and he in turn provides cash less facility.
    IDV should be kept at the max possible limit.
    A strict no to voluntary deductibles. I have been reading throughout the section and learned that many people are going in for it just to save a tiny bit on the premium, which is absolutely wrong.
    For instance, you opt for a voluntary deductible(VD) of Rs:5000/- your policy has the compulsory deductible(CD) of Rs 1000/- which sums up to a total deductible of Rs 6000. One fine day while talking over the phone your car brushes the parking pillar and you are left out with two damaged doors (considering them to be repairable) and opt to claim it under insurance, stating I have a zero depreciation insurance. The workshop gives an estimate of Rs 10,000 which includes remove and refit of both the doors, repairing and painting. The final bill is raised and submitted to the insurance company for Rs 10,000. Insurance calculations: 10,000 less 5000(VD) less 1000(CD)= 4000/- final insurance liability.
    Whereas if you would have not opted for the VD the insurance liability would have been Rs 9000/- so all in all is it worth saving a 1000 bucks while renewal and shelling out 6000 bucks during a claim?

Better rule out the voluntary deductible in the first place.

2 people like this.