1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Which Insurance to buy?

Since our beloved car will be turning 3 this December. We have to give it a gift in the form of Insurance. I'm a bit confused regarding insurance and will be mighty happy if I can get some help from you all.

There has been no claim so far

The default insurance company is saying a charge of about 13k for comprehensive and 21k for Zero depreciation. However for zero dep they're saying that they'll have to inspect the car, is this normal?

Are there any other companies I should pursue, if so then which ones. And more importantly how?

Also is the IDV of a car fixed as per the rules or does it vary from company to company.

Sorry if this is a wrong thread, but I was in an urgency so I had to post :(

I'll be glad if the mods can delete if after a day or two if this is not the correct subsection or query.

edit: Does anyone have the mobile number of Mr. O.P Sharma along with which Service Center he works for, would like to get the car serviced only under his supervision.

Thanking you,
    Abhinit
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Abhinit,

Who is your current Insurance provider? I dont think an inspection is required to provide for a zero dep add on. Also I feel the cost of 8K for zero dep add on is too steep. Whats the IDV quoted for the insurance renewal? IDV is fixed based on the depreciation % on the years of ownership completion. You can find this chart in the Insurance policy document if you have one.

BTW who is this O P Sharma you have mentioned? Pls provide all the relevant details.
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Mr. O P Sharma is apparently the most knowledgeable person about Fiat in the entire NCR region. I'm sorry for being vague.

The current Insurance provider was the one I got free insurance with i.e. Future Generali. I'll post the exact details when I get back home but the IDV was in the vicinity of about 6 lakhs. Actually I read that some members were able to haggle out a higher IDV, so I was simply unsure of it.

All the amounts quoted are after NCB reduction, where do I contact others as I feel it's steep.

Thank you for the prompt reply.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    To begin with contact the workshop where you service your Fiat regularly to understand with which Insurance co's does the workshop have a cashless tie up. Visit the said Insurance co for an online quote. Do a comparo and choose the one which suits the best. Dont immediately lean towards the lowest quote. Find out about the claims settlement history of the Insurance co, again the workshop is the best place to get this information. Renew the Insurance accordingly.
    2 people like this.
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

when I renewed my insurance with Tata aig they did the inspection. I think they have introduced a new process.

Sent from Mobile Office device
    2 people like this.
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Thanks mate

Oh ok, I'll contact them and ask them

However, what's the overall feedback and opinion of this wonderful community regarding the various insurance companies?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane

Is this the case when you change the Insurers or applicable even when renewing from the same Insurer?
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

in my case I had switched from FG to Tataaig. Not sure if this is applicable during renewal with same insurance policy with the same company.

when I renewed my linea's B2B insurance with United india I had switched from new india my car was not inspected by anyone. Hence I think it is a new process. also the private insurance companies are playing safe I gueaa...

Sent from Mobile Office device
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I have a FG insurance and even though I conveyed my decision of opting for a zero dep policy, they told me an inspection was necessary if I wanted a zero dep policy and they would only accept the payment after that.
  10. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Need to choose best 2nd Year Insurance for my Linea BNW MJD Emotion 2012 Model (Registered/Insured on Jan-24-2013)

Got the following quote from
    ICIC Lombard -

Quote: 22085(inc tax)

Towing facility multiple times upto 1500 km on accident & upto 50 kms on breakdown
    Road side assistance 99 rs
    Calamities - 2lac

Fiber glass-75%
    Plastic-50%
    Pure glass-100%
    Denting & Painting - 75% (Example-Rs10000 (7500 will be re-imbursed; 2500 we have to pay)

No 0% depreciation policy for TATA, FIAT & few others

So, I think I have to look for some other company. Could you guys suggest me?