1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    yes.. my punto has b2b policy from tata-aig.. idv 5.44lkhs.. I felt it was higher side but opted as it was last date to renew and govt insurance companies were not working on Saturdays.. my linea has United insurance b2b policy...United india was quoting around 14k for b2b policy for my punto. I had enquired it from hyson kochi dealer but again Saturday and they couldn't gice a final quote.. same was the case with kht in bangalore. atlast webt ahead with tata after considering policies from RS as well.

Sent from Mobile Office device
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    There has been no claims in the last year.
    My total NCB was 25% and i got the ownership changed from my Dad's name to my name (i have paid that 25% when i got the ownership changed). So as of now i'm entitled for 25% NCB
    Please let me know your thoughts
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    i still feel the quote is on the higher side for a car @4 years....did you check out policy bazaar. . they do provide some competitive quotes. also try to check with some govt insurance companies. KHT has tie up with united India insurance.... not sure about vecto and aadya...

Sent from Mobile Office device
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah even i felt its quite high.
    Anyway picked up RS (comprehensive) for 7K
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If you have got the ownership in the current policy cycle itself, i don't think you are entitled to 25% NCB. You had to pay the 25% while changing name in insurance because NCB is associated with owner and not with the car.

In my opinion, You will be entitled to a maximum 20% on completion of first year. If you got the name changed in the middle of policy cycle then I am not sure how NCB will be worked out. Possibly it will be calculated on pro-rata basis.

Do clarify on the NCB part else you might have problems at the time of claim.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I got the insurance renewed for my Punto which is due on 17th of this month. Got it from Royal Sundaram for a premium of Rs.11,722 with an IDV of 4,04,xxx
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Insurance - Q&A

Is it a zero dep?
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Yes. It is a zero dep policy. Sorry, I din't mention it earlier.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    It seems you did without NCB.
    I renewed my insurance with RS in Sep with NCB, prem 8081/- for IDV 4.48 lakh
    Now Actually I claimed the insurance on the last date and I have to pay them 2.5K for this insurance.
    Looks like they have hiked the premium ? I got 4.48 IDV with 10.5k appx.
    Also with RSA for a year (I think that is standard in RS now)

EDIT :
    Ok, yours is zero dep, then it is fine I guess. Did you get NCB also ?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Yes. 35% NCB.