1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I tried policy bazaar, but finally purchased online directly from Royal Sundaram. Did not get a quote for Royal Sundaram from Policy Bazaar. For Bharati AXA, the policy bazaar quote was slightly more (few 100 rupees) than what I got from Bharati AXA website. Cant remember the exact figure, but was around 13k for comprehensive.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    There you go ghodlur :) check out the following posts to clear your doubts.

For new cars that ratio may be slightly less. maybe somewhere in the range of 40-50 %.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am also on the same boat. Mine would expire on Nov 18. But, I am the second owner and as per Bajaj Allianz its says i have to pay 15000 bumper to bumper insurance. NCB is zero for me. I am not sure how come previous owner paid only 11K and now insurance folks are asking for 15K.
    Mine is Punto MJD Active 2011.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As Future Generali(FG) guys chasing me for continue with them, got the letter offering IDV of Rs. 467579. Total renewal amount is 10472. No detail break up like I got from Bharati AXA. But KHT guys where I service my punto, suggesting me for FG. According to them, it is hassle free.

Guys anybody has any good/bad experience with these insurance companies?
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    with whom have you checked. i had confirmed with body shop incharge sarvottam before putting my money on bharti axa. he said all are same and there wont be any problems.

This was in july
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Spoke with FG guys over phone. felt like I am bargaining in a fish market. When I say I got better quotes from other competitors, suddenly they are agreed to change every figure. So, now I am getting IDV of Rs. 5.0 Lacs and for a insurance amount of Rs. 9500. Is this bargains common in insurance companies or they do it by reducing some facilities? Strange though for me. Wish last year too I should have done that.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I checked with SA Bharath.
    He said "the vehicles which had claims for insurance, FG guys doing good compared to other. For the simple reason that KHT have tie up with FG since a long time. Again not only for KHT-Fiat, they have good relationship with FG for KHT-TATA too. at the end I need piece of mind when the insurance is claimed and FG is doing good with KHT."

Hence, spoke with FG guys. I am going most probably with them only.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Now that you are getting almost same quote, it should be good enough for you to decide !
    anyways but bharat being the SA, is not the right person to ask about insurance. you should have spoken to someone from body shop which would have been more correct info.
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Shams.

I am going to KHT tomorrow for my 3rd service(2yr/30000 KM). I will ask any body shop guy there to have more accurate information. Based on that I will take call.

Just off topic, is anything specific that need to be checked for 3rd Service?

Thanks
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I own a Punto Sports 90HP 2012 model. Currently I have FG defaulty thingy provided by KHT at the time of purchase of the car. Current policy is going to expireon 19th November (Tuesday). I had been in the hunt for renewal with some other Insurance Co. I am dejected at the way things are happening around Motor Insurance companies. Most of the Private Car Insurance companies don't offer IDV that is 85% of the Ex-showroom cost - this includes Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, Tata AIG, Bharti AXA... list goes on. Wanted to renew with Royal Sundaram for IDV of 6,02000 (though IDV for 6months-1year range is 6,29000 at least) for a premium of 17500/- approximately. But found that Punto Sports 90HP (as is in RC) is not listed - instead, Punto 90HP Emotion Pk is mentioned.

I am confused on the following two things:
    1) Should I buy with Emotion Pk as the model since RS has somewhat cleaner settlement record
    2) Why such IDVs are offered which is lower than IRDA regulations? In a debate with RS executive, he even told that I may not get full IDV as per the policy doc in case of a Constructive Total Loss

Badly in need of advice, dear friends. I had been in the hunt for almost 3 weeks. Please advice asap.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Renewal of Insurance for 2nd Year - Urgently need help

I own a Punto Sports 90HP 2012 model. Currently I have FG defaulty thingy provided by KHT at the time of purchase of the car. Current policy is going to expireon 19th November (Tuesday). I had been in the hunt for renewal with some other Insurance Co. I am dejected at the way things are happening around Motor Insurance companies. Most of the Private Car Insurance companies don't offer IDV that is 85% of the Ex-showroom cost - this includes Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, Tata AIG, Bharti AXA... list goes on. Wanted to renew with Royal Sundaram for IDV of 6,02000 (though IDV for 6months-1year range is 6,29000 at least) for a premium of 17500/- approximately. But found that Punto Sports 90HP (as is in RC) is not listed - instead, Punto 90HP Emotion Pk is mentioned.

I am confused on the following two things:
    1) Should I buy with Emotion Pk as the model since RS has somewhat cleaner settlement record
    2) Why such IDVs are offered which is lower than IRDA regulations? In a debate with RS executive, he even told that I may not get full IDV as per the policy doc in case of a Constructive Total Loss

Badly in need of advice, dear friends. I had been in the hunt for almost 3 weeks. Please advice asap.