1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I'm confused. What I have understood is, even if there is a third party damage, it's the third party who needs to file an FIR (mostly an acknowledgement) for claiming the damages from the opponent's third party coverage. In that case, both the vehicles will be produced in front of the RTO and then released.

In the case of vista7155's claim, why would the surveyor ask for an FIR if the claim is to repair from his ODP, unless he has mentioned something like the 2 wheeler guys got injured? @Vista7155, Did you mention anything like that to the insurance people?
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  2. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Can some one please let me know the differential amount of comprehensive vs bumper to bumper insurance....for punto 90 HP during the purchase..I was charged some 6000 bucks..
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ bumper to bumper is somewhere around 1.5 times the comprehensive ins price usually
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Bumper to Bumper insurance is an addon on the comprehensive Insurance.
    Shams, can you confirm if this is the case? I thought it was usually in the range of 20-30% of the Comprehensive Insurance and differs from Insurer to Insurer.
  5. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Wish you all a very Happy and safe Deepavali!!

Its time to renew my insurance (expires on 15th of this Month). I have been searching Policybazaar and individual websites and currently in doubt between Bharati AXA and Royal Sundaram (Quotes below)

Bharati AXA: IDV: ~7.2l, Quote: 19691/-

Royal Sundaram: IDV: ~7.16l, Quote: 20100/-

Both Quotes are with Zero Dep + Return to Invoice and I have also opted for a Rs. 5000/- voluntary deductible. Could someone suggest which one is the best option among the above two? Is Bharati AXA having cashless option with Fiat SCs?
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Insurance Plan for 3rd year PUNTO

Hi All,

My Punto Emotion(2011)'s 3rd year insurance renewal is pending on 23rd November, 2013. I have not claimed any insurance till date.
    I am holding future generali policy. As I have not claimed yet, not sure of their service. So trying for other options to compare.
    I got a quote from bharati AXA as below,

Capture.PNG

I have few queries on the IDV. Shall I opt for zero depreciation value? Is this quote is fine for a 2 year old Punto?
    Any feedback will be helpful.

Thanks
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ kht is having cashless with bharti axa. not sure about the other scs. you need to call them and ask. it depends on individual dealer tie ups and not on fiat.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I feel the quote to be too high even though it is for zero dep.
    I paid Rs. 12985 for an IDV of 7.7L with SBI General Insurance for my Linea (Comprehensive).
  9. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks shams and Ramesh...

@Ramesh, I have checked with most of the providers online (including SBI) and this is best I could get for the options I have selected :-( Dis you have more than 20% NCB?

Went ahead and purchased from Royal Sundaram today. Reduced voluntary excess to 2.5k and final quote wad 20649/-. incidentally costlier than even first year premium ;-)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    did you buy from policybazaar? in case you checked, what were the comprehensive insurance quotes for these two companies? i mean non-zero dep ones.