1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I have time till 10th of October :) Thanks for your suggestion. I'll definitely do good bargaining. When insurance companies can offer a huge discount (at the time of selling) for the dealers, I'm sure they can do it for us too.

Good explanation on your optimistic decision Rajan. 2 claims out of 20 years is a very good driving record. Insurance companies must be more than happy to make you their customer ;)
    While I'm happy that my existing policy is eligible for NCB this year, I'd like to stay protected from any unexpected expenditures and keep my IDV reasonable. I got tempted to purchase the return to invoice add-on, but after realizing that there is a very thin chance of insurance companies declaring total loss for those add-on holders. However, I feel the zero depreciation add-on will be worthy purchasing.

Sure Shams I'll definitely do it.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ As a matter of fact, once the car is 4 years old or crosses 80,000 kms - whichever comes first, I will probably opt for 3rd party insurance as mandated by law and renew for 1000 rupees :)

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    As i have meet with accident.Bumper and Left side fender got damaged insurance surveyor asking Acknowledgement of local police for claiming.
    but he has given the approval for bumper replacement without the Acknowledgement.
    can somebody advice what to do about this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

No ack is needed from the Police.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    have you described the accident in such a way that it has caused damage to any public/individual property other than your car because of your fault?
    In such cases they usually ask for FIR copy. Otherwise its not needed.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Insurance - Q&A

This doesn't require police complaint.

Register an IRDA Complaint in IGMS website under claim category and see how fast the work is done.

Which insurer btw?

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I have given explanation as two wheeler bike came and hit on the left side

@harish
    insurer is bharti axa. I have already escalated the issue to their complaint section yesterday. I am waiting for the response from their side.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Harish can you please let us know what kind of accident requires police FIR
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Insurance - Q&A

Death, Severe injury, damage to property of third party will all require an FIR.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thats what i was asking the claimant here since damage to third party has a very wide scope!

without knowing what all was damaged,we cant say that FIR is needed or not. Even though TP damage may not be much but the insurance company sometimes asks for it to rule out the possibility of the other party showing up with an FIR