1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. maverick

maverick Amatore

Insurance - Q&A

At the minimum you should RS 3700 + 50% of RS 3500 as there is depreciation on plastic parts.

Sent from my iPhone
  2. My Car insurance is due in Feb 2013 for 1 year old car. I got a quote for 0% depreciation policy from Royal Sundaram for 13862; IDV 5,60,000 Rs. They are saying they have cashless facility with all authorized Fiat service centres. While checking BA, and others IDV was less. Can this be considered a better deal ?
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    OK, my FG insurance is due for renewal in lest than a month. Which one should I go with? I don't want to research and read the entire thread as I am sure you guys already debated the pros & cons of all the insurance companies :)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are happy with current company, no harm in continuing with it.
    Better, check with other reputed companies and see if they give you better quote, then switch.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I don't mind paying slightly higher premium than FG but if ever there is a claim, I want minimum hassles. From what I have read so far, FG does not strive for a good customer satisfaction.
  6. BA given me an IDV of 5.5Lakh and the final premium amount is 13300 Rs. This is a B2B 0% depreciation policy. This is the cheapest premium I got for a B2B one and finalized to go with it.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My Insurance renewal is due on 26th feb for my 2011 Punto 90HP.

My first policy was by Future Generalli which was free. 2nd year was by Bajaj Allianz @ 18300/- IDV 6.0L, 0 Dep policy. This year they have quoted higher than last year citing increase in service tax and some IRDA policy. I have made no claims till date. I have now got an offer from SBI GENERAL which is less than BA for a 0 Dep policy (16K).

How is SBI General Insurance? Does any have experience with this company?

Kiran
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    SBI General Insurance is not a Govt. owned company directly like National and Oriental Insurance. SBI has 74% share in it and Insurance Australia Group (IAG) has 26%. The company is operated and run by the later. So, see this along with other private insurers in the market.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn, which insurance do you have for your Linea?
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For the second year, I switched over to HDFC Ergo from FG.