1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    what do you mean by bumper to bumper??
    They above quotes, especially from BA, RS and Iffko tokio cover pretty much all parts with a max depreciation of 30% (for the age of my car).
    The only thing that is worrying me now is should there be a claim how easy it would be to take it and which company gives grief free claims ;-)
    From what I've read on other forums and other discussions is that BA is good ..
    also many say its safe to go for tataAIG since we own a FIAT, but god knows how things will change in 2013 especially after FIAT is moving out of TATA's land.

So for now my take is on BA (as my previous policy is also from BA) but lets see
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Comprehensive insurance policies will not cover 100% for the plastic/glass parts and even for any body repairs, you may have to shell out some money from your pocket.

With Bumper to Bumper policy, your liability in any case would be Rs. 0. They will cover entirely. The premium will be higher than the normal comprehensive policies.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the clarification.. mine is comprehensive insurance only..
    Actually online I didn't see any mention of b2b policies at all
  4. My friend recently did a B2B for his Polo from Future Generalli for 15k. Try out policybazar site to get better quotes on B2B.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Renewal Clarification

My current insurance is with Reliance & my renewal is by dec end.For the current policy I am having with Reliance, the IDV value is 521,088.00 & Net Premium was 12,645.00. They had send me a renewal proposal with IDV 486,571 & Net premium of Rs-12,373. I am also eligible for a NCB of 20 %. I fell the premium is on the higher side. What do you guys think ?

INsurance.jpg
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1.) how old is your car? (2 yrs?)
    2.) does this premium include passenger cover?
    -> If yes then what is the total cover per passenger your getting?
    3.) Are they having cashless facility?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sham, get quote from HDFC Ergo too. I renewed by policy with them recently just because they provided me with the higher IDV and also have the cashless tie-up with the TASS.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm getting higher IDV from pretty much all companies now.. but the only difference is HDFC ergo has the highest quote compared to all..
    I should probably call them up and discuss further but lets see

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also with so many complaints and frauds with insurance i'm left to believe that insurance is like a well into which one has to jump , one should just hope that its about 10ft deep and not 100ft, that's all :)
  9. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    NCB is given in slab wise

If on the 1st year no claim is made then it is 20% on renewal, on 2nd year no claim is made then it is 25% on renewal & similarly 35%, 45% & finally 50%

- - - Merged Post - - -

If you guys have Insurance related queries feel free to ask me. I work in SBI General Insurance.

Regards,
    2 people like this.
  10. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi,

I am selling my current car and buying a new one. I have the following queries

1. How do I transfer the existing NCB from the old car to the new one?

2. I currently have a policy with Tata-AIG. Do I have to take a policy with Tata-AIG to get a NCB discount for the new car or can I use the NCB certificate with another Insurance company?

3. Generally, how long will the Insurance company take to issue the NCB certificate? (after I submit all requisite documents)

4. I understand that the NCB certificate from the Insurance Company is valid for 3 years. Assuming I don't use the NCB while purchasing the new car and intend to use it for renewal (next year), what would be the rate of discount I would get? For example, I have NCB of 20% on my current policy. When I buy a new car and if I use the NCB for renewal of the new car's policy will the total discount be 20% (of old policy) + 25% (of new policy)?