1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i too came across Berkshire..and even posted on fb their link for the 7.5% discount..quoted 15.5k bumper-bumper.

being new, Berkshire was good a lot of offer and free add on services..at the same time dint have a office close by.. and i was not sure if they have proper tie up every where. and so at the last minute i went with Oriental.
    quoted 12500..zero depreciation, but not cashless. In case of a claim, a compulsory 3.5k has to be paid irrespective of the claim amount.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Berkshire provides insurance from bajaj allianz. So wherever bajaj allianz works berkshire should work.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, guide me on this.

Punto Emotion Multijet 2011. Last insured value (first) = 5.8 lacs.

The dealer's agent called in and recommended the following deal from United Insurance.

IDV = 4.8 lacs
    Premium = 12773 (NCB 20%)
    Features= Zero Dep bumper to bumper , cashless etc

Is this an okay deal?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurjinder, seems more to me.

Just double check on websites, like bajaj allianz and ICICI lombard or Tata AIG. This will give you idea. If its close fine, but if difference is huge, switch.
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    TATA AIG have refused a Zero Dep for the Punto (and some Maruti cars as well). Just got off the phone talking with one of their helpline guys. :confused: Their basic quote was 12,300.

Will check the others.
  6. mo1

mo1 Timido

Pune
    I just renewed mine:
    Car: Punto MJD Emotion - Bought in Oct-2011
    IDV: 5.35 lacs
    Premium: 14700 (20% NCB)
    Insurer: Bajaj Alianz.
    This is with drive assure. (so no co-pay needed in case of a claim)
    Place: Pune
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Zero Dep thing seems pricey.

Both Bajaj Allianz and Berkshire quoting 15k or so Zero Dep for an IDV of 4.80.

Berkshire are offering plenty of extras in their Zero Dep plan. If you ruin your engine going through a puddle of water, that's covered as well. Quite neat. Free towing for 100km's (4 times a year) , free stay at some hotel if you get stranded somewhere etc. Will have to read the fine print,though.

I reckon United India might be final then :confused:
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    IDV should be Exshowroom price(ESP) - 15% of ESP. So it should be 4.93L. Any idea why it is less than that. What I have given is according to IRDA guidelines.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For zero dep, I think the quote given is good. Probably, you can negotiate with them to increase the IDV to say 5 or 5.2L.

The initial IDV for my car was 8.53L. Now, while renewing I got an IDV of 8.3L.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Cheers Ramesh & Sunil.

Will suggest the owner to haggle on the IDV front, to atleast 5.