1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hbaruas

hbaruas

NCB Transfer?

What do we mean by NCB being transferred?
    Is it possible only when we sell the car and then we can have that benefit of NCB being transferred?

I have an Hyundai Accent for the past 5 years, and looking to buy a Punto MJD Act/Dyn now.
    I have not made any claim during this period, and am looking to retain the Accent as well.
    Can I have the benefit of NCB being transferred, or is it possible only when we sell the car?
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please ask your insurance company whether they can give a NCB. In worst case you can cancel your policy and take only third party for your car. I did this for my Alto and transferred the 50% NCB to Punto
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    When you go for the next policy renewal for accent, you can get the no claim bonus. In case you are selling the car, the insurance company needs to give an NOC to transfer the NCB. Also, if you are just changing the insurance company, then also, you can get the NCB, because you havent made any claim during the previous year.
  4. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi, does anyone have feedback on Bharti AXA ? Sorry, searched the forumns but couldn't find any details

My insurance is due for renewal -

For a 7.92 lakh IDV (seems like the max possible)

FG which is my current insurance is asking 32K !!! and this is probably because I have 3 claims in the last one year with them

Online quotes from HDFC Ergo & Tata AIG - ~21 K for normal insurance and ~27K for bumper to bumper

Quotes from CONCORDE insurance desk for Bharti AXA - 17.2 K for normal and ~22K for B2B (this is the best deal I am getting)

Also, strangely CONCORDE says they no longer have cashless facility with Tata AIG which I find hard to believe. The lady says the garage network is revised every 6 months and currently for Fiats , TATA AIG is not covering cashless with CONCORDE (they still do for Tata vehicles) . Is this true?
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what about bajaj allianz?

For tata aig, the garage locator link shows concorde in the list: Garage Locator
    maybe the lady that you spoke to didnt have complete info. call directly to their body shop and enquire.

Couple of months back before i renewed my policy, i had confirmed about cashless availability at concorde and kht both for tata-aig.

These days it has become a common practice for the ins companies to increase the premium by a big margin if you had claims. I had to shift from bajaj allianz to tata-aig for the same reason.
    2 people like this.
  6. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks shams - I am sure she doesn't have the complete info. Still, the Bharti Axa seems a good bet, but just not sure how good they are

Bajaj is in line with Tata and HDFC at ~ 22K

I will check with the Concorde Body shop directly about Tata AIG since I hear good things about them
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Insurance (renewal) advice for Linea TJet

Guys, my Linea TJet's insurance is expiring on Sep 29. I was hoping that either my dealer (Concorde Motors) or existing insurer (Future Generali) would bombard me with calls/SMS/emails at least a month prior to this date. Unfortunately, they have not bothered to reach out till now.

So I decided to check out quotes online and this is what I have gathered. The results have been ranked in my (perceived) order of preference. Sadly, Future Generali don't even have an online quotation facility! And Iffco site was not throwing up results.

[TABLE="width: 255"]
    <tbody>
    Insurer
    IDV
    Premium

Bajaj Allianz

Tata AIG

HDFC Ergo

Royal Sundaram

ICICI Lombard
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

- For standardization, Voluntary Excess is included in all of the above
    - Value of electrical accessories (ICE) has been put as RS 30,000 for all the above

Can someone guide me which one to select out of these? Obvious preference is for hassle free & cashless claim and fair valuation.

Also, I'm eligible for a 20% NCB. Is there any other parameter on which I can haggle for lowering the premium?

P.S. I have had policies from Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG for my Getz in the past. While Tata AIG was better in first 2 years, I feel they cheated me during a major claim in 2010. And moreover, they refused to renew after that. SO I had switched to BA and was happy with them.
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I had my Insurance with Royal Sundaram and it was a hassle free experience for first 2 years.
    I did claim 3 time and 2 times it was cashless. Once I paid the amount to get my car quickly out of TASS and got the amount from them later.
    I shifted to Bhart AXA last year as RS renewal premium was high, and this year again I am back with RS.
    RS has tie up with TASS and my experience was very good with them. I bought my policy online and it was around 9.3K for IDV of 5.65 L
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As always, i advice bumper 2 bumper , 0 depreciation insurance for you own safety and peace of mind. they may be at most 10% more than this comprehensive but worth it. You can never ever predict the next moment of your life !!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I am currently with TATA AIG. No claims so far, thus no hassles so far & no way of knowing how they would react.

I would also strongly suggest you to go in for zero depreciation, at least for the first 2-3 years.