1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Take insurance only from company which has direct billings links with your service center.
    For NCB, you need to put only 0, to get 20% bonus. If you don't claim this year also, you will get 25% next year.
  2. I've been with Iffco for long time. Came as free for our Corolla in 2006, since then we switched to I.T. for all our cars. Also, if you opt for voluntary excess, then it will further reduce your premium.

The claim process too has been smooth for me. Claimed once for our Corolla windshield at windshield experts and for body work for our Palio 1.2 at TVS Coimbatore.
    1 person likes this.
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey,

I too have the insurance from FUTURE GENERALI and i have made a claim also till date. I had dent on my left door, fender and scratches on left headlight side and it was pretty old about 5-6 month. But i too got the claim in very easy way. My Insurance is getting expired in Nov'12. You just need to have the insurance from where you have purchase the vehicle for very smooth response. And trust me it really works as the insurance related guy in showroom has some brotherhood with Insurance company they have :)

I left my car for 4-5 days and in that i got my car 360 degree dent and scratch free :dancing for the negligible amount (as tax on bill user has to pay) .

Bill created for my car is around 8-9K and i had paid 1k plus 200 to showroom guy for jugaad he has made :up
    1 person likes this.
  4. adit

adit Regolare

Bangalore
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My car insurance also expires on 14th Sept. I got quote from Tata-AIG, Bajaj, FG and HDFC Ergo. All quotes came close to 19.5k for 7.3-7.7L IDV except HDFC. They gave me a quote of 21.5k for an IDV of 8.3L. I ended up with HDFC.

Note:- All quotes are for comprehensive cover not bumper to bumper.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  6. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    Hi All,

My insurance has expired in Month Aug 2011. I was out of city for a long time, and I need to renew the insurance for my Accord. Also I am planning to sell the car in this or next month. Please suggest how shud I go about it.

Have decided on Fiat Punto 2012 MJD emotion
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Most of the insurance policies can be bought/renewed online. being out of city is a bad excuse. please take care that it doesn't happen again. god forbid but what would you do if tomorrow your car gets stolen..

Now since your policy has already expired, you will have to take your car to the insurance company or any agent for survey after which they will provide the insurance policy. You 'll also have to shell out some extra amount for it.

These days some of the reliance fresh outlets have insurance agents who charge rs 100 extra and generate the policy for us instantly.
  8. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    Thanks Shams,

yes it was negligible on my part, actually was out of country, and it just slipped out of my mind initially and then it just got delayed.
    also one more thing which Insurance shud I go for, as I am planning to sell my car.
  9. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    can anyone guide me to the insurance agency, in navi Mumbai, especially near Kharghar and Belapur, need to get it done on this Saturday
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    better to speak to the customer care of couple of insurance companies. they 'll guide you