1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

@ KayGeeFIAT: The claim is made for the new car ( Linea with FG insurance) for which the NCB while renewing should be 0% due to the claim i have made. But will this be cause to reject the 50% NCB (from my old Car ) to be transered to New car( linea) during the insurance renewal??
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. KayGeeFIAT

Unfortunately Yes!
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Renewed my Linea's insurance

thanks all TFI'ians for the help.. I got the insurance from National insurance and got the NCB(50%) from my old car( National insurance Itself) transferred to the new policy..

Got a Zero depreciation policy. Cost Total Rs 13024...
  4. shams

shams Esperto

you got lucky there! just hope you don't get into any problems later in case the insurance company finds it out..
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

@shams : I have already declared the fact that i have a claim under the FG insurance. Even TATA AIG offered me the same even after i declared abt claim for my Linea under FG insurance. They said transferring the NCB from another car to the new one, the NCB of the old Car will never become Zero..

I went with National Insurance because of the fact that, my NCB(50%) of my old car was from National Insurance itself.
  6. samsuree

Suggestions regarding Insurance for my punto

Hi All,

I would like to know which insurance to go for my punto. This is my 2nd year insurance and initially when i bought the car they provided with Future Generali Insurance. It will be great if you suggest me which is the best insurance company to go for. I purchased in bangalore and please let me know good insurance providers in bangalore or tamil nadu.

Suresh A
  7. Time for Insurance Renewal and some queries too

My Punto 90 is gonna be 1 yr old in a Week time. I have to renew the insurance which hit my mind only now. I thought of sticking to the initial Insurer Future Generali , but friends, colleagues had bad experience with Future Generali and suggested me to jump. For my Santro I had HDFCErgo, with which i have made claims and no hassels with them. So I thought of getting a online quote from them. When I was filling up the details, I had few issues (queries)

1. The initial insurance starts from 6-sep-2011 and ends on 5-sep-2012. The car was registered on 08-sep-2011. When I give these dates on the online form, the error message stats the Registration Date cannot be greater than the insurance start date. I remember, the SA telling the car has to be insured before registration but now it is contradicting.
    2. The online form has a field 'No Claim Bonus for the expiring policy', But the future generali insurance certificate i have dosent have any data about the NCB :eek:. If in the form if fill the expiring NCB as 0, the the current NCB is 20 %, if the expiring NCB is 20 then the current would be 25 %. Now how should I find the expiring policy's NCB ?
    3. I have had a Dent on the left door, which I thought , I can get them cleared at the end of the 1st year so that I can clear all the dents, scratches, bends all at once. When I checked with the SE at TAFE, they say the claim cannot be done since it has been so long after the accident / incident. I have done the same for my santro without any issues, even an year old dent was cleared by claiming the insurance. How should I deal with this. I am aware of NCB will be slashed if i do this.

Please help me guys.
  8. Srida, even I tried on online quote at HDFC ergo and had lots of issues in filling up the details. It was confusing and so I finally went to IffcoTokio. It was simple and hassle free and I finally ended up renewing with IffcoTokio.

Snapshot for your reference:

MW015 2012-08-29, 15_47_29.jpg
  9. Thanks a lot CVA. I checked their online quote and seems good. I.T gives the highest IDV compared to others for 13K premium while bajaj gives 5.6 L IDV for 12.6 K and others are more than 15 K and gives me only 5.6 L IDV. But I have never heard about Iffco Tokio, which is slowing me down. Do they have good reputation in all service centers ???
  10. sungoa2010

I have taken IFCO Tokio and it gave me the best deal compared to FG.