1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi All,

Need suggestion for renewal of my GP's insurance. I have been given a quote of Rs 10, 967 by Royal Sundaram with an IDV of Rs 4.2 Lakh and of Rs. 9964 by Bajaj Allianz for an IDV of Rs. 3.6 lakhs.

My exisisting policy is from FG and they have given me a quote of Rs 10,291 with a IDV of Rs. 3.6 lakhs.

Any pointers would be valuable.

Thanks,

Abhinav
  2. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I also had a policy from FG and did make a couple of claims and the service was good, however they didn't send me any reminder when the policy was about to expire and I missed renewing my policy. I was in Hong Kong at that time and had to go through some reviews and finally opted for Bajaj Allianz.

My FG policy lapsed and Bajaj offered me a good quote with a good IDV, I haven't made any claims yet with Bajaj and hope not to make any :), however they had done a small mistake while renewing the policy. The car is in my wife's name and they have referred to her as 'Mr' and I am going through a lot of pain to get this changed.

Their customer service team doesn't seem to respond to this, I have escalated to their internal management and now not getting a response from them as well. I hope that they do respond at a time when I need the Insurance policy.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if insurance is taken from an agent or getting it from policy bazzar would make it cashless at TASS.Please throw some light.
  4. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Varoon9999 my understanding to your point is that the insurance company should have the tieup with FIAT for cashless settlement of claims. It does not matter from where you buy/renew the policy.

Also request a quick info: Have the claim charges (which were Rs. 500) increased to Rs. 1000 from 1st April. I am in the process of renewing my car policy and need to decide between FG and Royal Sundaram.

Regards,

Abhinav
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I had a claim settled with Bajaj Allianz last friday, that was June 1st. The Claim processing charge was 500 only.
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    can any one shed light on any limitations for transferring NCB( 50%) from previous vehicle to a new vechicle.

I just got a call from berkshire insurance saying that my NCB from old M800 cannot be transferred to our new Linea 1.3 MJD E Pack due to difference in Cubic Capacity:confused:. Can any please help me here
  7. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Transfer of NCB

They are wrong and taking you for a ride! Motor Vehicle Insurance is Person Specific and not Car specific. Of course the premium will vary according to Cubic Capacity of vehicle /age etc but what Bershire told you was wrong!

I had got my NCB transferred from my Santro to Indigo a few years back. Procedure for this is:

Documents required for this : (copies)

1. RC of new car you purchased
    2. RC of car you sold
    3. Insurance Certificate of old car you sold
    4. Delivery note/Reciept of car you sold
    5. RC book of old car with NAME TRASFERRED TO NEW OWNER
    6. Insurance certificate of old car with NEW OWNER (they may not insist on this)
    7. Application form
    8. NCB Certificate original

The company with which you had the insurance (Old car) will now issue you a NCB certificate stating how much NCB you have. This certificate is valid for Three Years. You have to submit this NCB certificate to the Insurance company with which you are taking policy for NEW car.
    In my case I got the 50% NCB for my new Car AFTER the first year - as for the First year (during purchase of car) the dealer threw in free Insurance (which was at 100% but I didn't care as it was not from my pocket!). While renewing the insurance the next year I submitted the required docs and got the 50% without any hassles (of course you have to maintain a Claim free record). Same case now - I got a Linea MJD this month and sold my old car - Dealer/financer has paid the insurance for first year. I will get the required docs and next year get the 50% discount (Inshallah - hoping not to have any claims during this period!!!)

In case your company Berkshire is not honoring this take it up to the insurance Ombudsman or IRDA. (or take it up with Warren Buffet! :lol:)Or better still deal with another company (Bajaj Allianz is very customer friendly and give the best rates)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Transfer of NCB

@KayGeeFIAT thanks for help..

As i am doing this for the first time, i am bit confused.. I have the NCB certificate which says i am eligible for 50% discount. So while renewing the Policy should i be having only the NCB certificate or should i be possessing all the documents you mentioned. I think i may be having the photocopies( old car docs) of the same. As i purchased my linea under exchange, Tata guys took care of all transfering issues. They gave the NCB certificate in a months time after i purchased my Linea. I will need to check what all docs i have in possession. Also when i check the RTO site, my old car details have been updated with new owner.

Another issue to note is that, in my current Future Generali Insurance for my Linea, I have 1 claim :( will this affect my 50% NCB eligibility from my old car??

I heard good things about Bajaj Insurance from this forum, but here is the real twist in the story. Berkshire Insurance are some sort of agents for Bajaj and the policy i will get is from Bajaj itself. It was Bajaj Insurance ppl who rejected my query on eligibility of 50%NCB from my old car citing the lame excuse of difference in Cubic capacity.
  9. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    As i am doing this for the first time, i am bit confused.. I have the NCB certificate which says i am eligible for 50% discount. So while renewing the Policy should i be having only the NCB certificate or should i be possessing all the documents you mentioned. I think i may be having the photocopies( old car docs) of the same. As i purchased my linea under exchange, Tata guys took care of all transfering issues. They gave the NCB certificate in a months time after i purchased my Linea. I will need to check what all docs i have in possession. Also when i check the RTO site, my old car details have been updated with new owner.
    If you already have the NCB Certificate that's great because all the other documents are required only to get the NCB!!

Another issue to note is that, in my current Future Generali Insurance for my Linea, I have 1 claim :( will this affect my 50% NCB eligibility from my old car?? Unfortunately even a single claim of even Re.1 will reset your NCB count and bring it back to 0% :sadblue

I heard good things about Bajaj Insurance from this forum, but here is the real twist in the story. Berkshire Insurance are some sort of agents for Bajaj and the policy i will get is from Bajaj itself. It was Bajaj Insurance ppl who rejected my query on eligibility of 50%NCB from my old car citing the lame excuse of difference in Cubic capacity.
    They are correct in refusing to give 50% NCB deduction if you had mentioned about the claim you made. But if no claim has been made there is no justification to reject on basis of CC or whatever!! There is an escalation matrix in Bajaj Allianz site and you could write/call them up.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    yesterday I came to know an interesting fact about Bajaj Allianz motor insurance. If you have ONE claim in a cycle, your NCB is lost but they still give a discount of around 15% on next renewal. If you do more than ONE claim in a cycle, this 15% discount goes off. This practice is probably followed by other insurance companies also.