1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

Further update:

Bharathi AXA is giving IDV of 4,51,800 for a premium of 10280.
  2. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    ROYAL SUNDARAM :- 17800 IDV : 570000 WITH 0% DEPR. AND NCB ON WINDSCREEN GLASS DIRECT CITY AGENT.
    " :- 18300 SAME AS ABOVE COMPANY ONLINE SITE
    FG :- 10800 IDV : 475000 WITH BUMPER TO BUMPER VIA ONLINE AGENT.
    TATA AIG :- 14580 IDV: 535000 WITH 0% DEPR. IN SILVER PLAN (NCB CUNT. IF CLAIM ANY GLASS) ONLINE FROM COMPANY.
    TATA AIG :- 17400 IDV : 565000 SAME AS ABOVE VIA ONLINE AGENT.
    BHARATI AXA :- 18300 IDV : 525000 SAME AS ABOVE VIA ONLINE AGENT.

All with 25% NCB.
    Current is with ROYAL SUNDARAM as per first terms IDV 535000 Prem. 13834.00 Rs.
    Expr on : 49 April
    Model : PUNTO 1.3 EP MAY 2010

BR.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

I think go for TATA AIG OR ROYAL SUNDARAM.

Please suggest.

BR.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@prihri: Did you try Bajaj Alliance? About FG - try to get hold of a direct agent - they can give you much better quote than their online agents. The direct agent gave me a quote which is lesser by 1k+ than what their online agent managed to give me.
  4. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Finally Got from Royal Sundaram.
    ROYAL SUNDARAM :- 15107.00 IDV : 570000 WITH 0% DEPR. AND NO NCB ON WINDSCREEN GLASS DIRECT CITY AGENT.
    WITH 25% NCB

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Finally Got from Royal Sundaram.
    ROYAL SUNDARAM :- 15107.00 IDV : 570000 WITH 0% DEPR. AND NO NCB ON WINDSCREEN GLASS DIRECT CITY AGENT.
    WITH 25% NCB
    BR.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    My car's insurance is up for renewal next week and have been thinking to renew it again with TATA-AIG with B2B Pearl plan. I've been quote the following premiums

IDV - 5,00,000
    Premium - 13,579

IDV - 4,54,934
    Premium - 12,508

However in above post I see a higher IDV for same emotion pack version with similar age to my vehicle. What's the advantage of having an higher IDV - I know it helps during total loss case but usually they calculate the IDV based on depreciation right so even if you've an higher IDV can they deny providing it based on age?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got an intimation letter from future generalli today . my insurance expires on may31st. this is my first renewal and the IDV mentioned in it was 4.55L and the premium quoted was Rs12625/-.
    It was mentioned in the letter that the premium calculated is as on the day the letter has been generated after calculating NCB and recent hike in insurance tariffs and if any subsequent claims happens after this, the premium that have to be paid is 17250,. I called him up regarding the rates mentioned in the letter, he told that, other than the 20% NCB, they are also providing a 30% discount in premium and i have to pay only the mentioned amount of 12.5k coz i wont be getting NCB as i had a claim last year but i get this 30% discount in premium !
    Is this ok? any other MJD active owners who recently renewed insurance, pls comment.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    varun, have the insurance rates increased since last yr. if not then the price quoted is high. according to one yr old rates idv of 4.5 should cost less than 10k.
    check with other insurance providers. usually insurance through the dealer is costlier than what u will get outside. they have their own margins.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@varun: the best rate I have got from FG for an IDV of 451,800 is 8,984 (including NCB of 20%). They came down almost 1K after some bargaining. Try to get hold of a direct agent and talk to him - he will give you a better price.
    Btw - mine is a 2011 May model MJD Active.

@shams: seems like insurance prices have increased - when I went to renew my bike insurance few months back, I came to know about this from various providers.
  9. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

Yesterday renewed my policy from ICICI Lombared to Bajaj alliance cost me Rs 12600/- "0% no claim Bonus" IDV 4.61L. ICICI Lombared was asking around 17k for 4.61 L.

Other insurance company quotation was
    TATA AIG : 8,250.00
    Future Generali Inaurance :13,137.00
    HDFC : 13989

Renewed policy through PolicyBazar.com with the help of PolicyBazar.com exeutive on phone. This policy also cover road assistance all over India with 40KM radius free of charge.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Hi,

Yesterday renewed my policy from ICICI Lombared to Bajaj alliance cost me Rs 12600/- "0% no claim Bonus" IDV 4.61L. ICICI Lombared was asking around 17k for 4.61 L.

Other insurance company quotation was
    TATA AIG : 8,250.00
    Future Generali Inaurance :13,137.00
    HDFC : 13989

Renewed policy through PolicyBazar.com with the help of PolicyBazar.com exeutive on phone. This policy also cover road assistance all over India with 40KM radius free of charge.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @anoop.. Today got a quote from SBI general insurance ... the IDv mentioned was 5L(it is already 5L now) and premium was 12.5k for comprehensive and 15.5k for B2B. Cant claim NCB as there was a claim last year. Let me check again with FG guys for some bargaining. !
    Bajaj allianz deal also sounds good, let me get in touch with them on monday !