1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

Future Generali Insurance Renewal

My car insurance is due to expire on the 13th of May. The agent from FG called up, to say that my premium was 11.7K and he'll be more than happy to come and collect the cheque. SOme questions that come up in my mind are
    1. He says this is inclusive of the NCB, which I doubt?:confused:
    2. ICICI gives a quote of 14K online, but then again is this a 0 depreciation cover, tried calling too, but no respose?
    3. What type of policy does FG normally sell along with the car? Didn't bother much at the time of buying, as dealer quoted it was free, if and only if I go with FG. Else I had to pay the difference of 13K.
    Also does FG have something like a 0 depreciation?

Please suggest.
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently, I have renewed my car policy with National Insurance. Originally covered by FG but, FG Quoted a higher for a lesser IDV. Renewed with National Insurance for Rs.6,00,000/- and the premium paid was Rs.12300/- (rounded off) FG quoted above 13000 for IDV of 565698.
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

FG doesn't have 0% dep cover, you can check with Bajaj Alliance or Tata AIG for the same. I renewed my insurance with Tata AIG for 0 dip cover at 18907Rs, NCB was 0 since I had claims last year.

Sent from my iPhone
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

I am also looking for renewing my insurance. So far, the best quote I have got is from Bajaj Alliance - 8196 (generated online) \ 8077 (generated by tele caller). The IDV is 427133. FG have not called me for renewal and the quote from showroom was from national insurance and it was for 9k+. TAIG is quoting around 10K for lesser IDV than BA.

As an interesting side note, I got a quote from berkshire insurance - they claim to be corporate agents of BA, and says that the policy they offer is from BA, but I have to deal with them (berkshire) for all my claims etc. Their quote is marginally lower - 7998 rs. Both berkshire and tele caller says the quote also includes 24X7 assistance free for one year which have lot of features according to them.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

What about converting this thread to a base thread for all insurance related queries? There will be lot of doubts, so if we can have a main thread, we can keep all the discussions on one thread itself.
  7. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I just renewed from FG to Tata AIG. Insurance premium was around 15k for my 90HP Punto with 20% NCB. FG had quoted some 12k for 5.5L IDV. Tata AIG was almost 6.5L IDV + Insured by ICE for upto 10k.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Guys here is the most important think.. There are many guys who quote huge NCBs and reduce you're premium..
    Be Very very careful, ask what is the IDV that they are going to give you're car..
    Because IDV is what determines what insurance pay out you will get in case of damages..

Also, this NCB is bullS**t .. If you ask the agent to give you a breakup of how he arrives at the premium (which i did with mine) they will give you some huge calculation list and at the end you get an NCB of about 1000-2000Rs ..
    Which is peanuts..
    dont sacrifice you're IDV for premium , as that is what is generally done under the customer's nose.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

After one more round of calls, here is the uodate:

Tata AIG: IDV value around 410,000. The best rate offered was 10K.
    United or some other PSU insurance (offered by the dealer from where I brought the car) - premium is 9,200. No idea about IDV since I did not talk to them personally. My friends car is insured with the same PSU and after seeing his hassles for claiming the insurance, I am not going for the same.
    FG: Called up the customer care - the premium was around 11K. Incidentally, my first year premium from FG was 9943 only, on an IDV of 502,000
    Berkshire Insurance: IDV of 415123, premium is 7998. Not sure about the customer service and about their operations, so more inclined to take BA policy straight from BA than through Berkshire.
    Bajaj Alliance: IDV of 440,000 - premium around 8,400. IDV of 427133, premium 8196. IDV of 400,000, premium around 7,700. Additional to normal policy, BA also offers 24X7 assistance free which includes free legal consultation, free towing 9i think it is for first 15 km, need to confirm it again), accommodation assistance in case of out of town breakdowns which takes more than 12 hour to fix, puncture and some repair assistance, free delivery of 5 ltr of fuel (need to pay the rate of fuel, delivery is free) if stranded without fuel, free service of delivering your spare key if you lost\misplaced your original key etc. this 24X7 assistance is aviable only if I buy it from call center.

As of now, the BA plan looks much better than others. I am trying SBI car insurance also to see how much they will quote.

@the black:please correct me if i am wrong - I think IDV plays a role only when you need to claim the total loss. When you claim the insurance for normal repair works, the depreciation does not have any link with the IDV you have in your policy. At least, that is what the BA executive told me, when I asked him about the negatives of lowering IDV. I personally think one should go for the maximum IDV.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    anoop, there is already a sticky thread for all insurance related discussions (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/insurance-loan-reviews/234-insurance-q.html).

Any further discussion on this, please use PM.

The thread is merged now, as per request.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012