1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Insurance for Fiat Cars - Discussion

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Ravi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My insurance expires in February. My present insurance is from Future Generali and the premium paid then was Rs.12,826/-. As the insurance for the first year was free the dealer had paid this premium. Now the dealer has quoted me around 15K for this year. How come it has increased though I have not made any claims, and what about NCB?

I want go for a cashless 0% depreciation policy, which is the best company for the same. I am getting a quote from Bajaj, HDFC & Tata AIG also. Which one is the best Policy. I have a 2011 Punto 90HP.

Thanks
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Rates have increased in the last year, also i would prefer the TATA insurance(not Tata AIG) as they are the most friendly when you need to get repairs done all over the india at all TATA motor centres.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    actually the insurance company had a tie up with TATA or FIAT of 40% discount on the initial premium thats the reason why the insurance was 12K in actual it should have been 19K,now as such there is no discount the premium comes to be 15K and its correct !.
    Yesterday changed the insurance policy from future generalli to Bajaj Allianz Cashless benefit with premium 15K.
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

I have got a quote of Rs19.5K from Tata AIG for bumper to bumper cover. I have a Punto 1.3MJD EPack. Please let me know whether this is a good quote.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    19.5K thats too much for your 2010 model ?,ofcourse one should know what is exactly Bumper to Bumper offer...
    what special in that offer ? i believe you are very good driver unless mistake happens from the other end.

if nothing happened to your car and you want to change the windshield then just throw a big coconut on it and get the claim and this claim should be in ease;) without any hassle,if not then you should get nice bonus for next year!

if your car is 2012 model then19.5k is OK with bumper to bumper offer!
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bnzjon,

The difference amount which you paid was WCT i.e Work Contract Tax (Its 8% here in MH, Maybe its 8.75 in TN)
    WCT is applicable on Painting Charges alone. It can be seen from your break-Up also that it has been levied on Painting Only.
    As far as i know WCT on painting is borne by the Insurance company, If WCT is applied on other labour i.e Removal & Refitment, Denting Etc it has to be borne by the customer.

I suggest you to have a word with the Insurance Guys & hope you get Rs 1050/- refunded.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Bumper to Bumper is better read as Zero Depreciation Cover
    wherein all parts of the vehicle may it be plastic, rubber, metal are paid in 100% by the insurance company as compared to normal comprehensive policies where the customer has to bear various depreciation i.e Flat 50% on Plastic Parts, Age wise Depn on Metal Parts & so on.

The Premium which maverick mentioned will surely be including the Zero Depn cover which is a must have!
    1 person likes this.
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

Mine is a Punto MJD Emotion Pack 2011 model car. I have made claims during the first year, so my NCB is 0.
    The offer I got is given below. Got the premium reduced to 19k.

DEPRECIATION REIMBURSEMENT(Real Cashless)

Offers full Claim on the Value of parts replaced without any Deduction for Depreciation, where the Vehicle has a Claim during the Policy Period, provided the Loss is not for Total Loss/Constructive Total Loss/Cash Loss. Available for Vehicles Aged 3 or less, for up to 2 Claims during the Policy Period and Repaired in our Tied Up Garages..

REPAIR OF GLASS/PLASTIC/RUBBER PARTS(Reduce Out of Pocket Expenses)

Offers to protect NCB if a Claim for Glass/Plastic/Rubber/Fiber parts for Repairs rather than Replacement is Opted. This is applicable where there are no other Claims for Damages to the Vehicle.

LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS(Extra Care)

Takes care of Damages to Owner’s Own personal belongings if damaged in an Incident covered under the Auto Secure Policy.

Does not cover, Money/Securities/Cheques/Drafts etc/Jewellery/Lens/Glasses/ Watches/Valuables/manuscripts/paintings/Sample/Trade Goods etc.Sum Insured of Rs. 10,000/

EMERGENCY HOTEL & TRANSPORTATION(Reduce Out of Pocket Expenses)

In case of a Claim, where the Insured Vehicle cannot be driven away, the Add On Cover takes care of overnight stay and Taxi charges for returning to place of residence/nearest city.Sum Insured of Rs. 10,000/-

KEY REPLACEMENT(Reduce Out of Pocket Expenses
    )

Covers Locksmith Cost for replacing Key if same is Lost/Stolen, or Cost of replacing both Lock and Key, where the Vehicle is broken into.

Sum Insured of Rs. 25,000/-
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What does this means ? normally we always have planned trip.:ugeek:
    does this means here that you are stuck in heavy rain and have to stay in near by village due to bad weather ? and definitely the insurance company might ask the bad weather condition::pP report to prove your reason and have claim ?

normally we carry the above things while travelling... so what is covered here ?

Rest all are good and nice...
    But as a Fiat'ian and the way we use/take care of our car, insurance of 19K is stilll on higher side for me:geek:
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi Guys,

My Punto completed 1 year on 7th April, however I forgot to renew the insurance as I am out of India for the past few months.

What will be the procedure to get the insurance renewed, and which provider should I choose. I don't want my family to run after the insurance in India. I will be returning in May, so should I wait till the time.