1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Instrumentation cluster background light not working

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by navi_tjet, Dec 11, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Hello friends,

I am facing a weird niggle with my Jet and would appreciate the inputs from learned folks. Instrumentation cluster of my Jet has gone dark. MID, speedo, odo, fuel indicator and other lights (e.g. handbrake, headlamps, door open/close indicator) are working fine. But the cluster doesn't light up at night when the head lamps are on - its pitch dark. Now in my decade old relationship with various cars, I haven't come across such a thing. Can you please help me understand what might have gone wrong and how can this get fixed?

Thanks in Advance!
    Navdeep
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,

There is dimmer setting for the Displays, This could be adjusted from the Menu and +/- buttons on the right side of the steering/instrument cluster.
    I had accidentally changed these setting, (note: the engine was running i.e. ignition was on) and later realized about this feature.
    Quite possible that the setting have changed.
    This is on punto, i believe, this setting would be in linea as well.
    Hope this helps.
    2 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yeah same on the Linea as well. As stated above, see if the dimmer setting has been turned to minimum. Just press the +/- button the right side of steering i.e. the "My Menu" buttons while the car is running and the lights on. You should see the dimmer level on the MID and adjust accordingly.

I personally keep the dimmer on the lowest setting possible. It's almost as if the lighting has been turned off.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  4. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks Naruf and Gurjinder for the help. The cause was indeed the dimmer settings. Pressed + button with key at MAR and the brightness came back. I spent two days worrying about what might have gone wrong with instrumentation cluster. Now I realize my kid had taken the front seat on Sunday and might have fiddled with the buttons. Good to know that this was a feature not a bug. It seems this beauty queen has many secrets which will only unfold with time :).
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    All the secrets are told in the Owner's Manual :)
    4 people like this.