1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Instrument Panel - Errors

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Vroom, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Folks,

I was just searching the forum to find a single thread with all errors (messages & otherwise) displayed on the instrument panel. Could not find one and hence creating this thread.

Let's consolidate all the knowledge (hows, whys and whats) regarding error displays, warning displays etc here onto this common thread.

Mods: Pls feel free to merge this thread to any other, if there exists one!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Instrument Panel.jpg

Warning light: Its from Engine Immobilizer

This would remain on while driving

Attempted/Suggested solutions:

1. Used the spare key provided and started the car. When I went back to the original key and started, the warning light hasn't appeared again!!
    2. SA suggested that its time to change the battery.
    3. Remove -ve terminal for 20+ minutes and reconnect
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    5 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice one,thanks for sharing.
    one should always know the unknown things of instrument panel.

(i remember verywell i have got the airbag failure warning on the cluster but after reading in the forum it says no harm or some battery issues,but still dont know while in the middle of long drive doing with nice speed if the airbag pops-up ? as this is under malfunction anything can be expected)
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Check left sidelight

If either the headlights or tail lights malfunction you get this error.
    Remember that each taillight assy has 2 brake lights and not 1.

Sol'n: Check both headlights and taillights for a blown bulb.
    1 person likes this.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    During recent factory factory visit my high beams of both the head lamps blown away, one during oncoming Journey and another one during return journey, but I did not get any error message on MID. Did any one had a warning signal when any of the head light beams blown out?
  5. Hello Vroom.

they are misguiding you.
    First. the spare key should be the same to unlock the ECU.
    Second..even if you keep the battey disconnected for lifetime, if will not reset anything.

Ask him to connect the service tester and read if there are any faults
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Sir, you should get an error when the low beams fail. I don't think there would be any alerting for High beam failure for H4 Bulbs that Punto's use. There might be something for the high beam on a linea which had independent bulbs for high and low beams, Not sure though about how it works on linea.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I did not get an error when my phillips rally blew out .. However I got an error when the tail lamps had a loose connection (Just a small tap on the taillamp assy solved the probelm)
    So i dont really understand when the error shows up on MID
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @VJ V1 Even the H4 bulb that punto's use there is a separate wire for high beams and low beams It is the bulbs housing that is common but it has two filaments, one for low beam and another one for high beam and if it can sense the failure of low beam then nothing can stop from identifying the failure of high beam. I think there is no warning signal for failure of head lamp bulb as such otherwise it would have shown up.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im not sure why FIAT would have warning's for failure of the Number plate light when they do not have a warning for the Head Light then... Weird.

There was no Warning when my Fog lamp blew up too.

VJ
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So we can conclude that warnings are not there when headlamps and foglights blow up.