1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Installing woofer in my Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Aravindh VK, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hi Mates,
    I am thinking of adding a woofer to my Linea. I am satisfied with the tweeters but I cannot hear the bass section once I drive. My option is to add a tube woofer alone to the factory fit music system. But I have similar doubts on installing.
    1- Will it affect my car's battery life (drastically)?
    2- What brand&power range can i opt for?(with approx rates)
    3- Wil this affect the Blue&me in my car?
    4- If you have suggestions other than my queries, please do let me know.:)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think you will definitely feel that stock speakers/tweeters are under powered once you add woofer.

My suggestion is to add a six-channel amp. which accept line level inputs. Upgrade front and rear door speakers from a good brand and bridge the remaining two channels in the amp. to power the sub.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Adding a woofer alone with the stock setup speakers is not a good idea. You may have to think about a complete upgradation. Also, there are no tweeters in the Linea currently. You will only see the provision for the same. But, no tweeters.

I have the following setup in my car. You can also think on the same line.

4 Channel Focal Solid Amplifier
    Front - Focal Access Components - Driven by the Amp
    Rear - MTX Co-axials - Driven by HU
    Woofer - MB-Quart Shallow Sub-woofer - Driven by the Amp
  4. How much will it take for this setup..?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, it would cost around Rs. 40,000. But, you can do this step by step. No need to do in one shot. But, this would be the perfect setup for Linea. For woofer, I recommend Focal Polyglass.

You can plan this way.

Step-1: Go for Front components and the Amp. (Cost Rs. 20-25k).

Step-2: Do the Sub. And the rear Co-axials.

If your budget is very limited, then go for Hertz Components and Ovals at front and rear respectively. Hertz is good even without the Amps.
    1 person likes this.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try out rockford Punch series components in 4 doors with damping.... wont even need amp and sub, brilliant sound clarity and punch even without sub and absolutely no distortion till max volume. This is the premium range of rockford costing around 12k a pair i guess.. you can go for sub if you feel the need after trying this !!
    1 person likes this.
  7. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    upgrade ICE

No point in just adding a sub - the stock speakers stink! :mad: To be effective you need to add a sub (or tube woofer tho sub is good enough) and definitely add an Amp and upgrade stock speakers. IMHO front compos and rear coax will be the best option. As someone mentioned- my spend was also around 40K and the SQ is out-of-the-world. Brand wise - look at JBL/infinity/Focal - depends on your budget but the SQ is propotional to the $$$ you are willing to shell out!!

Happy motoring! :-D
    1 person likes this.
  8. You are right.. As a college student, I can't ask for 40k in my home as they had gifted me this 11 lakh Linea..And that will not be good.. I will try to do step-by-step..
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    hi arvind,

like ramjn said thats a good setup for linea..... thats the same setup in my linea too..........but the max volume i go upto is 15 and when i get all hyped up by any song it goes upto 20.... after that you start cursing the head unit......

but when you are using impedance convertors be careful not to go for china stuff....

and its not compulsary you use a 6 channel amp. a 4 channel will do.

the comps in the front can be powered by the amp and the coax at the rear can be powered by the HU.

the sub can be powered by bridging the rear out put of the amp. the amp will also have an option of changin the output for the rear to low freq bass.
    1 person likes this.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you want to upgrade step-by-step, then first get the components for front doors then rear fill next get the amp and then sub.

You can get a good change in Sound Quality just by changing the stock speakers.

Amp. will bring the lightest notes into detail.

Sub will give you the low bass notes the feel.