1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Installing a OEM player in Punto Active

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 4, 2013.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    This is the best thread for all active owners...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thanks Shashank!

Rajan, i am planning to wait a bit longer to get the proxy alignment done, the reason being there are too many wires missing in my car to be connected :-D
  3. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Chethan,

I am planning to by an oem player to fit in my punto active. Looking at your post i got the confidence that it can be done. Just wanted to check if the local car guys will be able to do it. I haven't found one oem player yet. Have seen the add in olx and he's quoting about 5k for the oem player. Is it worth it or whats it cost? Looking at the connection you've made it looks complicated. Would you be able to help me if get the oem player. thanks.
  4. I have one more spare player, if you are interested. I can certainly help to get it installed. It looks complicated but it is not ;)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    Chetan I have another question: Is the player that you installed a blaupunkt one or a delphi one?

In my car the delphi works with 20 min issue and blaupunkt just refused to connect with reasons of CAN missing.

If yours is blaupunkt then I can also have aux enabled that my car... thanks to Ravi

6. Thats a good thing to know about Blaupunkt player behaviour. I have installed Delphi. I see Aux L, Aux R and Ground in Delphi too, need to see whether aux can be installed in it.

Be it Blaupunkt or Delphi, the canbus connections are the same and works flawlessly once you connect.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If you are able to get delphi HU from Emotion variant then there are changes to get AUX on pressing CD button twice.
    As now a days blaupunkt HU are not coming in any variants.
  8. shashanknathani

Pune
    Rishi can you please elaborate on this?

For me it is not working

9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    HU in Active & dynamic versions are different than Emotion or Emotion pack.

Thats why you are not getting any AUX mode.

Try to find Blaupunkt HU or delphi HU from only Emotion.

If you got the same just try the same steps to check aux mode. If you got it then go for it otherwise buying another delphi HU will as good as your existing HU.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  10. Rishikesh, you may be right but i am wondering why is F199 IN player having aux l and aux R pins then?