1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Installing a OEM player in Punto Active

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Thanks for the lead, will go this Saturday and complete the setup.
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Just wanted to add - If you dont get what you're looking for, try MS automobiles next to Dalvoy School
  3. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Chethan, I am trying to do the exact same setup as yours in my 2009 fiat punto. Would approciate if could let me know if it worked or not. thank you.
  4. Got busy last weekend and could not finish it. This weekend i will try to complete. Got all the things required for connection, thanks to Sunnyboi for the lead.
  5. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    thanks for getting back. will wait for your next update.
  6. Canbus connection to BCM completed, the player now starts and turns off with the ignition key :p.

Also i observed that the lcd displays dims when the parking/headlights are turned on, similar to how the odo LCD displays behave.

If the player is turned off, i can also see a glow behind the power/volume control.

I believe i have done the right connection.

Any idea how the speed sensing volume control works?

The only problem i am seeing right now is that the Odo or timer has started to flash :confused:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  7. IMG_20130823_170710.jpg IMG_20130823_170717.jpg IMG_20130824_084622.jpg IMG_20130824_084721.jpg IMG_20130824_084747.jpg

Few pics, i used a normal spare iso connectors clips. Removed them and fitted to to the iso connector in the car.
    4 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Awesome. Neatly done, with attention to details. Looks as good as OE fitting. Hats off to you.

For the Odo blinking issue, you need to get a proxi alignment done. The blinking is just a warning that there is a node on the CAN BUS, that is not recognized / configured properly.

Rajan
  9. Thanks Rajan!

Speed sensing volume control worked, just loved it!

For proxy alignment, TASS is quoting 350 Rs, can this be done ourselves? :-D
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You will need FIATEcuScan / MultiECUScan software for that and a cabled OBD 2 scanner, with Yellow Adapter cable for the Punto. If you have all of these, you can do it yourself. I would have offered to do it for free, if you will be in Bangalore sometime soon, except that I do not have the Yellow Adapter cable. Under the circumstances, paying 350 and getting it done at FASS would be the least expensive, I guess :D

Rajan