1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Installing a OEM player in Punto Active

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Rajan, I am just trying to install the OEM player in Older Active variant which did not had any player from the company.

I thought that the OE player of Punto would fit and work without issues, it fits but does not work.

The ISO connector in my car do not have any connection [Read wires] to CAN A and CAN B. The player turns ON but switches off every 20 Mins.

I am trying to figure out a connection from CAN A and CAN B to the BCM, i really dont know whether it works in the first place. Hope this helps to understand the issue i am facing.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Have you compared the wiring harness of the current Active with the older Active? That should help you identify what is missing.

Rajan
  3. No, i searched all over, could not find any. Actually any variant harness pic would do. Is there any one here in the forum who can post the pic of ISO connector and wiring in them.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I can post a picture of the connections in my Jet, if it will be of any help. Let me know and I will do it first thing in the morning.

Rajan
  5. Yeah it should help me a lot, also i need help on where to connect them from ISO to BCM, any links to open the BCM cover and see the connection would help. All this is new to me and learning here. I do not know the exact terminologies used for most of the things and might post pictures on what i exactly need to buy some parts if required

PS:I have never attempted to even check normal socket connection at home :rolleyes:
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi chetan

Here is the pic of the connector.
    Took it today during BT interface installation on OEM player.

Let me knw if u need any other pic.

uploadfromtaptalk1376159697621.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Thank you Sunil for the picture, those blue and white wires are connections from CAN A and CAN B not sure where they are connected to BCM. If i find the other end to where they are connected i am all set :)
  8. Finally the mystery decoded. I was able to grab the service manual book at TASS and go through the connections from ISO to Pinout [NRR]. Here are the pics to locate the connections

IMG_20130815_082057.jpg IMG_20130815_082043.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1376159697621.jpg

All that needs to be done is to connect the wires from CAN A to E17 and CAN B to E5 of B002E pinout which is located at the back, behind the fuse box under steering column.

Any recommendations on the wires to use and where they can be procured? Also would like to know what those pin like thing[marked in the last pic] called as?
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. You can go for phinolex auto mobile grade wires,can get it from JC road bangalore.
  10. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Finolex/Vguard 2.5mm cables will do. Get them on KT street near Dashprakash hotel.

EDIT: For connectors, go to the shop marked in Red. Its been some time so forgot the name of the shop. He has lots of connectors; take the one you have with you for reference.

EWypnEd.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.