1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Installation Of illuminated sill plates in linea tjet

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by prakhar287, Aug 20, 2011.

1. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    hello everyone...
    I just came from one of the tata-fiat dealers. i went there to get the illuminated sill plates installed. I don't know how the electric guy screwed up but the sill plates only light up only when left front gate is opened. Is this the way it should work? I thought that there is some plug and play type of thing in this. Can you please help? If its a plug and play kind of thing then where is the plug located in the car where the wire on the plate has to go????
    Thanks in advance.....
    Please help. its very irritating to see the plates not illuminated whenever i sit to drive my beauty. I sometimes feel to just throw it of. My beauty was better without these plates......
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to hear that Prakhar. Which dealership did this screw up by the way?

I believe that the illuminated sill plates should light up whenever either of the front doors are opened. No doubt about it.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Prakhar any idea from where did this fellow pull up the connection for illuminated sil plates ?
  4. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Its a nearby dealership in Bareilly,UP- GROVER MOTORS. Damn them i wanna just bloody kill them for screwing up my beauty. It was the first time i send my car to them without me and they screwed up my beauty. I thing he just connected it to a wire going through some wire going through the door. WTF man cant fiat train their mechanics how to handle these beauties. Bloody hell. This is enough. common fiat wake up and stop screwing around our beauties. Thanks for the reply........
  5. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Its a nearby dealership in Bareilly,UP- GROVER MOTORS. Damn them i wanna just bloody kill them for screwing up my beauty. It was the first time i send my car to them without me and they screwed up my beauty. I thing he just connected it to a wire going through the door. WTF man cant fiat train their mechanics how to handle these beauties. Bloody hell. This is enough. common fiat wake up and stop screwing around our beauties. Thanks for the reply........(sorry for the mistake)
  6. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Where did you get the illuminated sill plates for linea
  7. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    I have got illuminated door sil plate for my T-Jet and they installed perfectly. It doesnt require any wire cut it is fixed with front door connect. You can locate the entire fuse box just below the steering mount where it is fixed. When you open door it will light up, but if the door is kept open for longer time it will switch off like all the other interior lights do.

You are lucky that you got T-Jet door sil. Now Fiat is no more making specific T-Jet door sils, Door sils are just written "FIAT" (you can see photo in my car review)
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  9. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    I ordered them through dealer....

- - - Merged Post - - -

thanks vijays777 sir for the manual.it will be very helpful. i guess i will have to teach the whole thing to the mechanic before he proceeds any further on the issue on my next visit...
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Any way to install warning door lights ? Has anyone of you tried that ?