1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Installation of Amplifier in PUNTO

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by vijay822002, Aug 28, 2010.

1. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest me what would be the Best place to install an amplifier.

Options are:

1. In the Boot Space.
    2. Underneath the Co Passenger Seat.

Right now in my punto I have installed the amp underneath the seat.

And one more point about the amp installation in emotion and emotion Pack versions. While installation the guy told me that with the head unit of emotion it is not possible to on and off the amplifier automatically, i.e. the amp is on always. There is no way to switch off the amp when the head unit is switched off. That is why a separate switch is added to on and off the amp. Can some guys through some light on this issue.

The problem with the separate switch is that some times I forget to switch off the amp. This has happened a lot off time. The worst part is that one weekend I totally forgot to switch off the amp, on Monday only I noticed that the battery is fully discharged :uh . I had to call the Fiat road side assistance to jump start the Car.

So people I request you to give some details about this issue so that it will be helpful for new punto owners.

Cheers
    Vijay
    1 person likes this.
  2. Vijay,

I have amp intalled in the boot (Clamped on the back of the rear seat). I would suggest that you check with some other installer, I have the amp connect via the battery and the HU. The Amp is turned off when HU is turned off and gets power once the HU is turned on. There is a lag of 1 sec when the HU is trurned on. Hope this helps.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    get the amp wire go through ACC fuse...check Skywalker thread he got his linea iced.
  4. puntolover

puntolover Novizio

Bangalore
    Vijay, are you corrected the amp connection?
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    amp installation is always safe in the boot. i had almost fried my amp under the seat when my nephew spilled water over it from his bottle.
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear vijay822002,

I too agree with Italia-Linea. Amp installation is best in the boot. Under the seat there will always be the possibility of damage during daily use. The amp can be fitted above the wheel well without losing effective boot space.

Johnny
  7. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Dear All,

Sorry for not updating this thread.

I have already corrected my installation. Right now i have installed my amp in the boot.

And I have upgraded my front speakers with bull components. I have also connected my already existing Pioneer Equaliser also

Right now every thing is working Great. And i am happy with the installation

Very soon i will upload the Pictures.

cheers
    N.Vijay
  8. krishnancg

krishnancg Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Dear Vijay,

I am also planning to move my amplifier from under the seat to boot but confused over where to install it in the boot.

If you can upload some of the pictures of your installation, it would be very useful for me :)

Thanks,
    Krishnan